Gordon Estate Winery
Bookkeeping and Compliance Manager
Gordon Estate Winery is looking for an individual to manage the bookkeeping and compliance aspects of our winery business. Honesty, integrity, and self-awareness are paramount in this role, and experience with winery accounting and compliance are helpful. Our family business maintains a relaxed yet professional environment, and we are looking for someone who mirrors our core business values. Timeliness and attention to detail are essential to this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will have bookkeeping experience and knowledge of alcoholic beverage industry compliance. Duties will include: A/P, A/R, Payroll, Inventory Management, Compliance. This is a full time salary exempt position.
Interested individuals should email their cover letter and resume no later than March 23, 2018.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Compliance- State and Federal
• General Ledger
• Inventory Control
• Maintain and/or Implement Accounting Procedures as necessary
• You are passionate about clear communication and equally comfortable with written and verbal communication mediums
• You have a commitment to teamwork and collaboration that is grounded in your capacity for empathy
• You are meticulous in your attention to detail
• You have developed deep analytical skills and complete general ledger knowledge
• You thrive in an environment where you can establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision
• You have the vision and mindset to identify, handle and resolve problems quickly before they become recurring issues
• You can operate basic computer programs (MS Word, Excel) and have a proven capacity to learn new accounting programs
• You have a honed sense of professionalism around office procedures and equipment (telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping)
• You are a lifelong learner who displays adaptability in the face of changing circumstances
• You can repetitively lift and carry 50#
• You have a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
• This position reports to the General Manager and Owner
• This is a full time salary exempt position.
• Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.
• Verify vendor invoices with purchase orders, packing slips, enter invoices for payment, pay invoices
• Maintain and reconcile vendor accounts
• Maintain communication with bank regarding Line of Credit providing breakdown of expenses and income.
• Maintain accounts payable files
• Assist with broker order processing
• Invoicing, collections and related communications
• Bank deposits (record paper and EFT receipts, travel to bank if necessary).
• Maintain accounts receivable files
• Execution of State and Federal compliance information and reports
• Maintain State and Federal licenses/permits as applicable
• Prepare State and Federal monthly reports, processing payments as necessary
• Prepare sales and excise tax reports and payments to multiple State tax agencies.
• Monthly and Year End closures; detail audit trails compatible with tax requirements, subject to Owner’s and General Manager’s review
• Assist owner with compilation of income tax statements
• Compilation of actual and budget based financial reports and/or statements
• Manage and reconcile asset and liability accounts; internally and with external sources
• Timely and consistent communication with owner and off-premises accountant
• Build and maintaining permanent files
• Assist with budget preparation and forecasting reports as necessary and/or requested
• Build and maintain General Ledger permanent files
• Conduct Monthly and Year End inventories of cased goods at multiple warehouses
• Assist with inventory management and movement to different warehouses
• Time card calculations for employees and contracted labor services as applicable
• Payroll preparation and check writing or reporting to contracted labor services
• Preparation of and completion of State and Federal quarterly and year-end payroll reports
• Payment of any applicable State and Federal quarterly year-end payroll taxes
• Answer queries for employment verification and other employee information as necessary
• Maintain confidential payroll/personnel information for company and employees
• Responsible for all accounting activities (may include internal controls)
• Performs other related duties as necessary and/or requested
• Assist with office management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.