Duckhorn Wine Company has set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. The acclaimed Duckhorn Wine Company portfolio includes Duckhorn Vineyards, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Decoy, Canvasback and Calera, each with its own dedicated winemaker. With more than 700 acres of renowned estate vineyards, along with grapes from the finest growers, each winery has a canvas of lots from which to blend its wines. Focused on optimal grape selection, innovative winemaking techniques and a premium barrel-aging program, Duckhorn Wine Company is founded on a pioneering spirit and unwavering commitment to quality. Duckhorn Wine Company wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries.
SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs routine cellar jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving activities
• Wine/must movements
• Additions to wines/musts
• Cap management practices (punch-downs)
• Fermentation monitoring
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping)
• Equipment and tank sanitation
• Field sampling
• Wine sampling and some lab work
• Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Other tasks as necessary
• A positive attitude
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• The ability to speak Spanish is helpful but not required
• Minimum one year cellar experience
• Effective communication skills
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
Please respond with resume, letter of introduction and salary requirements.