Robert Young has been family own and farmed since 1858. The winery and its viticulture, winemaking and marketing positioning have gone through a complete refresh to showcase the brand at a new luxury level. Part of this process includes an entire new hospitality location (2,500 sq. ft. dedicated building to guest experiences) just being finished on our 470 acre estate overlooking the beautiful Alexander Valley. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person with the skills, experience and passion for managing high level guest experiences.
The Tasting Room Manager is responsible primarily for the operational running of the New! Tasting Room at the Robert Young Scion House. The Tasting Room Manager reports directly to the Hospitality Manager and oversees all Tasting Room functions including hiring, training and supervision, staff scheduling, opening/closing procedures, inventory and most importantly ensuring a fun and prosperous work environment. Creativity and enthusiasm are a must!
Management/Tasting Room Responsibilities
• Hire, train, schedule and supervise all FT/PT Tasting Room staff.
• Maintain vibrant guest experiences throughout each of the various tasting offerings.
• Through achieving outstanding customer service, increase conversion to membership and increase % of overall sales in Tasting Room.
• Track and report to Hospitality Manager all weekly/monthly Tasting Room sales/performance metrics including various conversion ratios, spending patterns and guest visitation statistics.
• Manage collateral and menus for daily tastings/hospitality schedule as well as host daily meetings to cover appointments and updates.
• Host weekly staff meetings covering departmental goals, sales results, work efficiencies, as well as operational functions. Hospitality Manager will hold monthly staff meetings to provide additional info and support.
• Perform all applicable Tasting Room employee bi-annual performance and development reviews.
• Alongside Hospitality Manager, effectively manage inventory process and arrangement as well as daily pours.
• Ensure that the staff is happy and enjoying their time spent here at RYEW!
• Work with Hospitality Manager to institute ongoing internal education of Tasting Room staff focused on service and wine education training programs.
• Make sure that all guest experiences are conducted by staff so that they are immersive and deeply memorable, while maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction.
• Manage all inventory processes to ensure the highest standards of accountability, controls and adherence to company standards in inventory maintenance.
• Ensure proper opening/closing procedures on a daily basis
• Promote a fun and exciting work environment for you and your team!
• Work with Hospitality Manager to develop annual outreach strategy and associated action plans.
• Develop partnerships with key local referral sources (luxury hotels and transportation companies, restaurants, concierge services, associations, etc.) throughout Northern Sonoma County to increase awareness and generate qualified visitor traffic at the winery and report accordingly.
• Attend offsite events and provide feedback for more innovative ways of driving traffic.
• In coordination with Hospitality Manager and Member Services team, provide support for various events including internal, membership, concierge, etc. Help the Hospitality Manager to be creative!
• Assist in developing fun, new ways to bring together our valued customers.