Pernod Ricard has established itself as number one in the premium segment and co-leader in the Wines & Spirits sector operating through over 80 affiliates and 70 countries worldwide. Pernod Ricard Winemakers is the premium wine division of Pernod Ricard and boasts one of the world’s most diverse portfolios of premium wines such as Jacob’s Creek in Australia, Brancott Estate in New Zealand, Campo Viejo from Spain, Graffigna in Argentina, Helen Mountain from China and Kenwood Vineyards & Mumm Napa in California.
At Pernod Ricard Winemakers we offer you a purpose, a place to explore your potential, to grow, think, dream and create. We embrace diversity, reward imagination and create change. We listen to the needs of our employees and create an environment that helps you thrive.
This position performs all standard crush activities, including receiving and crushing grapes, and operating crusher and presses. Responsibilities may also include punch overs, punch downs, racking, filtering, clarifying and blending of juice and wine, sanitation in all areas of cellar operation, cleaning and sterilizing tanks and other equipment. Overtime is required as needed to meet operational needs.
This job description is designed to outline the essential functions of the position, but is not intended to be all inclusive.
• General cleaning and sanitation of winery & equipment
• Operate fruit receiving and processing equipment
• Transfers, Flotation and racking of juice from tank to tank
• Set up and monitor pump-overs in a quality and time efficient way
• Removing pomace from tanks & presses
• Accurately complete work orders and other tracking documentation
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of all cellar activities to ensure
maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate
reporting of all work related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety
awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions, wearing
required personal protective equipment and following confined space protocol where
• Other duties as needed
• Experience with at least one harvest
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders
• Accurately measure, prepare and make additions to juice, must, & wine
• Ability to recognize and report off aromas in tanks
• Forklift Operation
• Operation of mechanical mixers
• Wine certification is desirable but not required
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery can be cold/hot, wet, slipper and noisy
• Flexible hours, weekends and long hours will be required during grape harvest
• Handling hazardous materials and frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and
ladders, dragging wine hoses and bending are required
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the