Our boutique, family owned & operated winery, is looking for two enthusiastic, dynamic and positive individuals with a passion for wine, food, people & life! As one of the smaller family wineries in Alexander Valley, our goal is to work as a team to provide an outstanding and unforgettable experience in a unique, fun environment. We are looking to fill two positions. One full time, and one part time.
SUMMARY: The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for the day to day operation of the tasting room and provides the front line guest experience at Stuhlmuller Winery. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide the first-line of communication to the customer by greeting, directing and answering questions regarding our wines, merchandise, history and facility. Communicate in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner that is consistent with the mission of Stuhlmuller Winery
• Serve samples of wine, along with sharing appropriate information concerning the wines to customers in both individual and group settings
• Promote the wine club and process sign ups
• ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
• Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat and stocked at all times
• Perform facility housekeeping, to include tasting room, restrooms, patios, and break areas
• Ensure that displays of wine products in tasting room are attractive and maintained
• Promote the sale of wine products sold in the tasting room, and pursue sales opportunities presented by contact with guests
• Utilize cash register and POS system to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
• Reconcile daily sales and posts transactions
• Maintain physical inventory of merchandise items in the tasting room and all front of house supplies
• Maintain, evaluate and provide periodic reports on the guest comments
• Perform opening and closing checklists
• Other duties as assigned
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Computer skills with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and point-of-sale applications preferred
• Must have strong verbal and written skills with the ability to speak in front of people
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
• Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
• Database management and high-level guest service skills
• Wine knowledge and appreciation are necessary for this position
• Availability to work, holidays and weekends as required and extended hours in order to complete the job
• Previous customer service and retail experience preferred
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of one to three years related experience.
• High School diploma or AA degree, or a combination of education and experience.
• Must be 21 or older.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to transact, compute monetary figures, manage cash and credit card transactions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks. The employee is frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested.