For twenty-five years, Paul Hobbs Winery has produced wines as meticulously made in the vineyard as they are in the cellar. Paul's unrivaled international experience and pioneering instinct for identifying exceptional vineyards led him to Napa and Sonoma, where he has refined the art of site-specific viticulture and precision winemaking. Our single-vineyard wines are made to express their distinctive origins, fermented with native yeasts, and bottled un-fined and unfiltered. They continue to garner accolades for their elegant expression of vintage and place. This is only the beginning: through our endeavor to foster relationships between farmers and winemakers, and our enduring focus on small production, single vineyard pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, we are artfully crafting the future of winemaking.
The AP Specialist will be responsible for processing accounts payable and ensuring vendors are paid accurately and on a timely basis. This person will also provide support to the finance department and assist the Controller in monthly, quarterly, and annual close duties.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
1. Accounts Payable:
a. Manage flow of vendor invoices, including initial logging, obtaining approval, entering into AMS, processing and sending payment, keeping in mind cash flow goals as set by CFO.
b. Work closely with cost center managers to ensure that invoices are coded to the correct GL accounts.
c. Coordinate with vendors to resolve billing discrepancies; process employee travel and expense requests in a timely manner.
2. Accounting Support:
a. Assist Controller in monthly and annual close duties and other accounting projects, as assigned.
a. Supply ordering
b. Mail run and mail drop off
c. AP and AR filing
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school: and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and company’s software applications; AMS experience highly desirable.
4. Works well with others and is willing to be very hands on.
5. Willingness to help out with any task as needed.
6. Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
1. Quality and performance driven, seeks perfection with a keen eye for detail. Sense of urgency and solution oriented.
2. Communicates well in any form of media: articulate, concise, clear, and transparent.
3. Cheerful, positive, “can do attitude”. Fair, friendly, firm, compassionate, authentic.
4. Works smart, strong work ethic. Organized, proactive, focused. Smoothly manages shifting priorities. Works well individually/collectively. Meets/exceeds task deadlines.
5. Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
6. Fresh, forward, critical thinker. Self-aware. Embraces constant incremental improvement.