At Folio, employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a Folio Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and Folio
Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities
Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
Reporting to the VP Marketing, and working in collaboration with the Communications Strategist, this position will help increase the value of all Folio Fine Wine Partners family, partner and agency brands by assisting the in executing PR strategies and programs to deliver against brand marketing and Company objectives.
Communications Support: (60%)
• Oversee and execute press sample shipment programs including: plan, organize, monitor and track all sample submission dates and deadlines. Liaise with supplier contacts and internal stakeholders as required (eg: brand marketing, compliance, ordering, and shipping)
• Order, pack, and ship all sample requests; track all shipments, log sample submissions results, and maintain affiliated spreadsheets and databases for company use.
• Act as key contact point for scoring publication tasting staff and editors to ensure wines are submitted in a timely and organized manner.
• Respond and assist with media requests; prepare reference materials, coordinate tastings, visits and interviews.
• Coordinate logistics of supplier PR meetings and events incl. logistics planning, venue management etc.
• Draft, compile and distribute press releases and announcements, under the direction of Communications Strategist, to internal and external stakeholders.
• General support to internal and external customers, fulfilling requests for images, headshots, bios, pricing, availability, contacts, etc.
• Act as media contact point for Company in absence of Communications Strategist as required.
• Collaborate with Communications Strategist and brand marketing teams to develop Annual PR programs for key brands.
• Assist Communications Strategist with PR presentations to and for the company, suppliers, and agencies
General Administration, PR Support (40%)
• Compile, log and communicate all press news according to the PR strategy and procedures to internal stakeholders and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain Cision media contact database, PR section of Folio’s internal website (SharePoint).
• Maintain @Foliowine presence on agreed social channels (eg: FaceBook, Twitter)
• Maintain PR section for www.Foliowines.com ensuring news updates are timely including updating all new accolades.
• Set-up and clean up for tastings/meetings.
• Logistical emergencies, including will call pick-ups at Biagi warehouse in Napa.
• Manage the wine closet inventory for PR requirements at Folio HQ.
• Miscellaneous Administrative support requests by the VP Marketing and Communications Strategist.
• Travel for press appointments, market support, and other miscellaneous needs.
Education / Experience: College Degree in PR/journalism, communications or related field. Minimum 2-4 years public relations & or media / journalism experience. Wine, food or hospitality experience a plus.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes. Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and research skills. Exceptional people skills, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail, ability to problem-solve, and work unsupervised to meet deadlines.
Knowledge: Basic understanding of media function and dynamic environment. Motivation to learn elements of wine including, but not limited to, wine tasting, wine regions and key media players. Sound knowledge of Marketing fundamentals and familiarity with Vocus or Cision database a plus.
Physical: Ability to sit at a computer 6+ hours a day, stand for periods of up to 3 hours in a day, lift and carry 40 lbs.
EOE. No Phone Calls. No Recruiters.