In coordination with 1st shift leads, Cellar , and Maintenance, responsible for 2nd shift day-to-day still wine bottling line activities to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and the high quality of all wine produced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs all levels of bottling line and equipment operation when necessary.
• Actively leads the 2nd shift still wine staff in all bottling, changeover, and clean-up activities in accordance with operational safety and quality guidelines.
• Works with Cellar, Lab and Warehouse staff to ensure wine and bottling supplies are readily available and line production meets client specifications.
• In coordination with the Maintenance team, responsible for daily post-op maintenance or changeover tasks on bottling equipment.
• Responsible for post-bottling packaging consolidation and return to Warehouse.
• Involve the Maintenance team and document equipment malfunctions..
• Ensures that bottling line personnel work to company standards involving safety, quality, and proper packaging equipment operation.
• Identifies, communicates, and assists with the implementation of process improvement opportunities for operational efficiencies and wine quality.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures assuring adherence by staff.
• Investigates all incidents of personal injury, property and equipment damage, prepares and submits required reports.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of three years of packaging equipment operating and changeover experience.
• Minimum of three years management/supervisory experience in a process environment.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the safety and quality standards required of a packaging operation.
• Demonstrated ability to allocate resources of personnel and equipment to see that production tasks are performed safely and in a timely and efficient manner.
• Able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
• Must be able to read all safety material, SOP’s and written work orders, and communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to work with simple to complex mathematical concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, metrics, etc.).
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to manage priorities.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to interpret a variety of data furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
Work is mainly performed on a winery bottling line where temperatures are cool and noise levels are moderate. Floors may be wet and slippery, proper footwear is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.