The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
Under the direction of EVP of Operations, the Plant Manager is the senior TWG representative at the designated facility and therefore plays a significant leadership role in managing all aspects of the wineries operations. This includes development of the site culture through leadership, execution of core values and personal engagement. Additional aspects of this position include budgetary and financial responsibilities, employee Safety, and compliance (environmental, safety, and TTB). This position shall also coordinate and oversee the execution for all repetitive and discrete manufacturing functions at the facility, mentoring and developing people to function in a culture of empowered employees that are values driven effective decision makers who value quality, safety and performance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Strategic - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development and execution of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans through strong leadership skills.
* Financial - Leverage financial reports and data to improve profitability. Prepare and manage the operations and capital budgets. Manage cash flow through inventory control. Plan snd execute effective strategies for sustainable performance.
* Best Practices - Drive Process Improvements and policies in support of operational goals and continuous improvement.
* Human Resources - Plan and maximize human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff in concert with HR. Establish effective organizational structures. Delegate tasks while maintaining accountability through organization. Establish work schedules and supervise staff. Drive improvement through clear expectations regular performance feedback.
* Manufacturiing - Lead, Coordinate, and Manage the work of the various departments in the facility including; cellar, manufacturing, and support functions. Manage performance and drive improvements. Ensure product quality throughout all processes. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery to maximize capability and performance. Provide technical support where necessary.
* Compliance - Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety, Environmental, and TTB compliance.
* Communication - Develop positive communication throughout the facility at all levels of the organization. Manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Bachelors of Science or higher in appropriate field.
* 10 -15 years' experience in Operations.
* Knowledge of standard and advanced winery equipment.
* Strong business acumen and fiscal responsibility.
* Ability to work in an environment that has changing priorities and multiple projects.
* Ability to create and sustain a positive, engaged, and team based culture.
* Ability to lead, communicate, and motivate at all levels of the organization.
* Working knowledge of industry regulations.
* Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Excellent critical thinking, analytical, organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
* Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP, and FSMA.
* Proficient in the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to learn new programs.
* Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working in a team oriented innovative work environment.
* Must possess strong attention to detail, initiative, and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a setting that is fast paced has changing priorities and multiple projects
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Ability to exemplify TWG Core Values at all times.
* Position operates in a professional office environment
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
* Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the production environment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description