Winery Estate Host – Tasting Room Sales
We are a small, family owned winery located in the south east of Napa Valley producing 5,000 cases. Our team works closely together, growing, and has a passion for wine. This position would play an instrumental role in helping build our brand, showcase our wines on property in a private tasting environment, and off-site for local, northern California wine events.
We are a team that is motivated, driven, and focused on exceeding our guests’ expectations through true service-oriented hospitality. There will be challenges. You can expect some late night events and weekends are a must. As an ambassador for our brand, you must enjoy working with people, know basic wine production and regions, and understand that each interaction could make or break the customer's perception.
Our goal for this position is to have you grow with us, be set for long term roots in the wine industry and be passionate about both people and wine.
Assist Direct to Consumer operations for new Napa Valley winery. Handle operating processes, follow up, and complete customer service for all winery direct sales channels. Most of the job duties will be customer facing and service, including desk and office related tasks; confirming appointments, corresponding with current and future guests, and preparing for weekly hospitality operations.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Host and Greet guests on site at winery
• Conduct wine tastings and lead educational experiences on and off property
• Manage special projects as required
• Participate as a winery representative during winery events and functions
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Maintain contact lists
• Provide general support to visitors, assist in set-up and breakdown of daily tasting room activities
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Office Environment with computer work
• Multi-tasking required - numerous projects in progress at any given time
• Long and/or irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine)
• Comply with company safety regulations
• Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
• Enthusiasm for continued improvement
• Education/Experience: Understanding of winery hospitality and marketing.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Direct to Consumer role or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Winery Related Software experience a plus, Wine Direct
• Entrepreneurial minded and detail oriented
• Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor
Type of Work: Full Time
Salary: DOE- highly competitive