Job Title: Equipment Supervisor x Exempt
Department: Vineyard Division: Field
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Equipment Manager, this position is responsible for planning and establishing work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet the needs of the business. This position is responsible in overseeing all equipment foreman and operators. Must be knowledgeable in coordinating the activities of the equipment operations by performing the following duties:
• Direct and coordinate the activities of the equipment operators.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Work with equipment manager to establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspect equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Observe work to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Enforce safety regulations. Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Interpret specifications, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Maintain operations data, such as time records, production, and cost records.
• Confer with management to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
• Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
• Recommend personnel actions, such as, discipline, evaluations, or promotions.
• Calculate labor and equipment requirements, to insure timely execution of assigned tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Experience required: 5 or more years of production agriculture. Vineyard operations a plus, but not necessary. Mechanic and spray experience preferred
Skills Required: Must be bilingual/bi-literate (Spanish/English) and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is organized and detail oriented and is able to delegate tasks to equipment operators for business efficiency.