Trinchero Family Estates is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The TFE portfolio includes more than 40 brands including Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, Napa Cellars, Folie à Deux, Terra d'Oro, SeaGlass, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. TFE also markets and sells a stable of notable brands including Joel Gott Wines, Charles & Charles, Taken Wine Co., and Bandit. TFE's import portfolio also includes Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula Wines from Argentina; Carmen and the Wave Wines from Chile; and a spirits portfolio that includes Amador Whiskey Co and Tres Agaves Tequilas. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
Assist in the crush season by providing support to the Winemaking/Lab departments.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Document all grape loads by weight tag number, include grower and variety, and make sure they match with scheduled deliveries.
• Document brix levels, excessive rot, mold, juice status, any second crop.
• Look for and document any anomalies such as Material Other Than Grapes (MOG), i.e. hydraulic fluids, irrigation debris, vines, branches, excessive leaf material and metal debris.
• Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management System and related activities, including SQF standards.
• Education: High School diploma requires, AA in Science/Science background a plus
• Experience: One or more years' experience in cellar/winemaking preferred
• Able to follow written and verbal directions
• Able to clearly and accurately document information
• Valid California driver's license
• Moderate to heavy physical work
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates' facilities
• Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
• Must comply with all safety equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses
• Exposure to various chemicals in production areas
• Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
• Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
• Extensive walking and lifting of up to 55 pounds
Currently offering competitive pay rates, ranging from $17.40/hr - $20.50/hr, depending on experience level.