Pride Mountain Vineyards is a small, family-owned winery located at the top of Spring Mountain. We are proud to be known for producing highly acclaimed mountain-grown wines, extending a warm and sincere welcome to our guests, and offering educational, unpretentious and memorable tasting experiences.
We are currently looking for a poised and polished wine sales professional to join our hospitality team.
The schedule for this position is Thursday through Monday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM with some flexibility preferred.
We believe in investing in our team members and offer employees a generous wage and benefit package. This includes fully paid health and dental insurance for the employee and 401(k) with company match.
The right person for this position will be:
- A natural host who is energized by educating and entertaining a wide variety of people in a lively and approachable manner
- A skilled and talented sales professional who enjoys friendly competition, meeting challenges and achieving sales goals
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the art and science of making and presenting fine wine
- Dedicated to the ongoing expansion of his/her own wine education
- Eloquent in person and on the telephone and able to write well-crafted and grammatically correct emails and hand-written notes
- Relentless in attention to detail and eager to contribute to the behind-the-scenes work necessary to support a small business
- Happy to offer telephone/email support to customers during release periods
- Timely, reliable, responsible and able to respond quickly to changing priorities; the type of person who strives to pull more than their own weight
- Computer savvy and experienced with Microsoft Office and POS systems (bonus points for previous experience with eCellar)
- Able to stand and walk on hard surfaces for extended periods, bend at the waist, and regularly lift and carry 50 pounds
Pride Mountain Vineyards is at the top of a twisting mountain road, 15 minutes from St. Helena and 30 minutes from Santa Rosa. Reliable transportation and the willingness to pack a lunch are required.
Applications will be accepted only by email with cover letter and resume attached. Please do not paste your cover letter and resume into the body of your email or into the winejobs.com form. No calls or drop offs, please.