Barrel Chest Wine And Beer is a quickly growing beer and wine store with the areas largest selection of beer and wine. We are the only store in the area to offer beer on tap and wine by the glass. As of 2017 Barrel Chest Wine and Beer added a 2bbl brewing system to the store and is serving house made beers on premises.
Job Description – Barrel Chest Wine and Beer
Title: Full Time Sales Associate
Reports to: Owner
The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting the owner in the overall management of the store. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Attracting new customers and building customer loyalty
- Maintaining outstanding customer service
- Implementing and constantly optimizing merchandising
-Serving beer, wine, and (limited) food and filling growlers.
-Assisting owner in the purchasing of new product
-Website upkeep and processing of web orders
- Participating in wine and beer education offered at the company and maintaining a commitment to professional development and education of wine and beer
-Participating in training as deemed necessary for your ongoing employment and development in the wine, beer, and customer service fields
-Seeking and continuously developing knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics.
- Teaming with Owner to forecast needs and development areas for the store
-Running the cash register
-Assisting in planning and implementing promotional strategy and activities.
-Managing upkeep and condition of all equipment and fixtures of shop premises.
-Maintaining accurate inventories to minimize losses and optimize reordering
-Assisting with social media and marketing tasks as assigned
-Attending staff meetings and contributing to company strategy and policy-making as required.
* At least two years relevant experience in the industry
* Must have demonstrated sales ability and excellent organizational and customer service skills.
* The ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail is required.
* Must be capable of working independently and have the ability to take initiative and be self-directed.
*Strong knowledge of both wine and beer.
*Preference given to those with professional certifications
* Must be able to routinely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Can stand and sit for long periods of time.
* Must be available to work flexible schedule including weekends.
Please email a cover letter and resume: