Trinchero Family Estates is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The TFE portfolio includes more than 40 brands including Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, Napa Cellars, Folie à Deux, Terra d'Oro, SeaGlass, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. TFE also markets and sells a stable of notable brands including Joel Gott Wines, Charles & Charles, Taken Wine Co., and Bandit. TFE's import portfolio also includes Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula Wines from Argentina; Carmen and the Wave Wines from Chile; and a spirits portfolio that includes Amador Whiskey Co and Tres Agaves Tequilas. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
Provide Support to the winemaking staff in the harvest season, with an emphasis on technical support and special research projects for Napa Cellars.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Assist the winemaking staff in research and routine projects including running trials and statistical analysis.
• Assist the winemaking staff in monitoring harvest cellar activities and fermentations.
• Perform various laboratory procedures as needed in support of winemaking projects.
• Miscellaneous cellar duties when necessary, including technical support and quality assurance of wine processing.
• Maintains current knowledge of wine industry practices with emphasis on technological advances.
• Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management System and related activities, including SQF standards
• Education: Minimum 4 years of college coursework towards Science or Enology degree
• Experience: 3+ years of winery cellar or lab experience
• Able to perform physical labor as described above
• Available to work long hours, any shift and 6-7 days per week during crush
• Computer literacy (spreadsheet, database, e-mail and word processing programs)
• Valid California driver's license
• Must be able to lift 55 pounds
• Exposure to outside elements (heat, wet and/or damp conditions, cold)
• May require heavy physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, pulling, or squatting for long periods of time)
• Long hours during crush and peak periods (including all shifts)
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates' facilities