Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting immediate career opportunity for a State Compliance Project Administrator, located at our Manteca, CA winery.
Delicato is a family-owned, family-run, fourth generation wine company with facilities in Napa, Manteca, and Monterey. President and CEO Chris Indelicato's Grandfather, Gaspare Indelicato emigrated from Italy to California and founded the company in 1924. The family continued to expand the winery, purchase prime vineyard land, and craft wine brands that consumers love. Today Delicato is the fastest growing wine company in the Top Ten wine companies in the US, with a diverse portfolio of brands such as Bota Box; Gnarly Head; Delicato's luxury Silverado Trail Black Stallion Estate Winery; Z. Alexander Brown wines made with Grammy-winning performer Zac Brown; and Earth Wise Vineyards from certified organic grapes.
The primary responsibility of the State Compliance Project Administrator is to provide support in analyzing, compiling, and submitting state documentation. This position provides support in analyzing, compiling, and submitting state documentation consisting of brand registrations, price posting, and monthly reporting. The State Compliance Project Administrator requires an extensive understanding of each state's regulations as it pertains to industry compliance.
* Understands Company vision and supports Company policies in an effective way
* Practice and encourage open communication, independent thinking, and problem solving skills
* Fosters an environment of trust and respect; interacts in an effective and positive manner
* Processes brand registrations and price posting under the coordinated request of NPD, Finance, Sales, CSR, and the Director in accordance with applicable state and local laws and regulations; communicates with states and distributors as necessary to execute these tasks
* Analyzes and prepares all assigned states' monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports
* Audits and researches sales order holds and assists in resolving pricing and registration issues to ensure accuracy and legality of shipments for assigned states and identify root causes to problems, propose potential solutions, and follow through on corrections; coordinates with Sales and Finance as necessary
* Assists in the development of state compliance procedures
* Maintains various compliance applications and databases including SAP, eCompli, and ShipCompliant to support state regulatory requirements
* Works cross-functionally with Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Tasting Room, and Business Services to support the Company on Compliance requests and state-related issues
* Maintain State Compliance documents in accordance with Company and regulatory record retention policies
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in business related fieldor 1 - 3 years of similar industry experience; winery experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills with a strong sense of grammar; must be a strong listener as well
* Practices good judgment and possesses the ability to execute tasks in accordance with communicated state regulations
* Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong analytical skills with special attention to detail
* Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Professional and pleasant disposition; able to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions
* Effective team player; maintains a positive and motivating attitude
* Creative, energetic, highly organized, and takes initiative
* Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
* Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
* Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
* Follows all Company policies and procedures
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.