A family owned and operated Napa Valley winery for 95 years, Madonna Estate is seeking an experienced Direct to Consumer Sales and Marketing Associate. This is an “in-house” outreach position working from the winery located in the Los Carneros AVA. Initially we are planning this job as part time, working two to three days a week but it may develop into increased hours depending on the individual’s success. The position consists of calling real customers from our own data base. These are not cold calls! Our database is comprised of up to 95% patrons that have visited our winery or made purchases after enjoying wine in our Tasting Room. Additionally, you will be reaching out to current and past wine club members to follow up on shipped orders, inform them of Club specials and upsell items based upon their most recent wine purchases.
The Outreach Marketing Professional should be prepared to perform in the following areas:
• Assuring excellent customer service while contacting Madonna Estate clientele
• Build rapport and trust with all customers contacted.
• Set and meet achievable sales goals.
• Focus on making the volume of phone calls necessary to yield maximum results
• Complete necessary documentation and prepare wines for shipping.
• Provide input and participate in email marketing campaigns as needed
• Learn Madonna Estate family history and vineyard information
• Familiarity of Madonna Estate wine varietals and food pairing suggestions
• Follow up with customers after wines are delivered
• Be prepared to assist Tasting Room staff if requested by manager
• Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and accuracy in duties.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to keep accurate sales records using Microsoft Excel
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess basic computer skills and familiarity with software programs such as Word and spreadsheets.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License
• May require lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic.
To Be Determined
Type of Work:
Part Time to Possibly Full Time
Telephone Sales, Email Marketing and Customer Service
DOE plus commission and incentives