Quails’ Gate Vineyard Estate Winery is nestled in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. Our 125+ acre estate winery, located on the shores of Lake Okanagan, is owned and operated by the Stewart Family, pioneering horticulturists since the turn of the 20th century.
We are seeking an Assistant/Vineyard Manager who will be responsible for direct management and supervision of on-site vineyard staff (at all currently managed and future vineyards –up to 200 acres). As part of the Vineyard Management Team the successful candidate will lead, train and motivate the vineyard team including training, health and safety and achieving staffing plans. They will also achieve operational goals within financial plans, and work closely to ensure an efficient operation including; pest and disease management, overseeing all irrigation, fertilizer and chemical application systems.
• have at least 2-3 years of experience in a management or supervisory role in a vineyard greater than 30 acres producing premium quality fruit;
• be able to work up to 60+ hours/wk, flexible work schedule as determined by seasonal demands of the job including weekend work
• be available to travel to vineyard sites in West and East Kelowna, Osoyoos and any other company managed vineyards
• have thorough knowledge of vineyard operations, a degree or diploma in viticulture or horticulture (an asset)
• experience with vineyard establishment and development a bonus
• be physically fit and work in all weather conditions
• basic understanding of Spanish (an asset)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your résumé to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org