The Director of Technology is responsible for developing the company’s strategy for using technological resources and systems. They will serve as an architect for our system infrastructure and ensure the system works correctly at all times. This role reports directly to the President.
• Develop technical aspects of the HALL and WALT business strategy to ensure alignment with goals.
• Evaluate the current HALL and WALT system to identify redundancies, challenges, and opportunities.
• Serve as an architect to the technical systems infrastructure company wide.
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure proper functionality.
• Troubleshoot and solve technology outages or breaks to functionality.
• Discover, vet, and implement new technologies as business needs arise.
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
• Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
• Work with stakeholders to make improvements and adjustments to technology.
• Communicate the HALL and WALT technology strategy to executive leaders.
• Train departments to use technology proficiently (i.e. Visitor Center Managers).
• Co-lead large projects with technology components along with other senior leadership and stakeholders.
• Explore technologies that aid innovation, help us stay competitive, and move us forward as company not only in consumer sales, but also with our vineyards and winemaking practices.
• Systems include but are not limited to: Website & ECOM, POS, Reservation Tools, Wine Club Order Management System, Customer Relationship Management Tools, Email Service Provider
• Internal Systems include but are not limited to: Phones, Email, Internal Server
• Proven experience as a CTO, Director of Technology, or similar leadership role
• Continued education and knowledge of emerging technological trends
• Understanding of revenue budgets and business-planning
• Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Strategic thinking
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to work with multiple personalities and varying knowledge levels
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
ABOUT HALL AND WALT WINES:
HALL and WALT produce critically acclaimed artisan Bordeaux and Burgundy varietal wines that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
HALL Wines crafts distinct Cabernet Sauvignon which demonstrates the unique characteristics and diversity of Napa Valley. HALL has two premier wineries and tasting rooms in St. Helena and Rutherford. Each of our state-of-the-art winemaking facilities and tasting rooms combine modern art and architecture with comfortable luxury.
WALT Wines specializes in premier, small-lot Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from some of the most coveted vineyards along the Pacific Coast including the Central Coast, Sonoma Coast, and Anderson Valley AVAs in California and Willamette Valley, Oregon. WALT has a beautiful tasting room located just off the Sonoma Square in Sonoma.
Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making great wine, supporting creativity and innovation, and demonstrating social responsibility. We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, and 401(k).
Visit www.hallwines.com and www.waltwines.com for more information about the brands.