Chimney Rock Winery is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in the role of Wine Club Assistant, providing excellent customer service to both our wine club and direct email customers. This position reports to the Wine Club Manager and is a full-time, benefitted role. Come join us for an exciting opportunity to represent one of the premier wineries in Napa Valley's Stag's Leap District!
• Provide beyond expectation customer service in a consistent, timely and thoughtful manner with all customers
• Building new and retaining existing Wine Club loyalists through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service; resulting in increased sales and longevity of membership.
• Demonstrate ability to increase membership, extend retention, build emotional connection with customer and club members and help achieve Wine Club and ecommerce sales goals
• Provide new ideas to improve the club process and benefits to increase club retention and make the club something extraordinary.
• Assist with the processing of club shipments.
• Provide exceptional customer service for tasting room, direct and club channels
• Deliver additional sales through upsell opportunities
• Collaborate with all retail sales staff to support club membership and activities
• Tracking of wine club metrics (measures of success and reporting)
• Host onsite and offsite wine club members events, tastings, and release parties
• Maintaining wine club databases, including billing and updates
• Ensure customer information is current and proactively manage contact info to ensure expired/decline rates are at minimal levels.
• Assist with e-mail marketing promotions
• Research and resolve shipping and other customer service issues
• As directed, coordinate monthly marketing materials
• Process shipping orders, billing and collecting credit card data
• Oversee compliance for shipments, in conjunction with Winery Compliance department
• Coordination with outside vendors and internal resources in relation to phone sales wine shipments
• Assist Tasting Room with Wine Club member information, club updates, marketing campaigns, and upcoming events
• Assist in hosting our Wine Club Salon on Saturday & Sunday as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum 2 years experience in Wine Retail and/or Wine Club Coordination (or equivalent)
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, CRM, Internet, eWinery, & NVPOS.
• Excellent attention to detail and flawless customer follow-up
• Ability to convert wine enthusiast to club loyalist
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to adapt and excel in a changing environment
• Collaborative team player
• Self-starter, clear communicator, multi-tasker
• Wine knowledgeable and effective sales person
• Good sense of humor
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work weekends, including evening events as required
Chimney Rock Winery is part of the Terlato Wine Group, our parent company comprising several businesses specializing in the marketing and production of exceptional wines. Owned and operated by the Terlato family for four generations, the Group also includes the family’s winery investments and partnerships in some of the world’s most esteemed wine regions including: Napa Valley; Sonoma County; Sta. Rita Hills in Santa Barbara County; Victoria, Australia; France's Rhône Valley and Montalcino, Italy.