Established in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard is Dry Creek Valley’s flagship winery located in the heart of Sonoma County, California. As the region’s first new winery following Prohibition, founder David Stare paved the way for a viticultural rebirth in this vibrant winegrowing appellation. Among other industry benchmarks, Dry Creek Vineyard is recognized as the first winery to plant Sauvignon Blanc in the Dry Creek Valley. A pioneer of Bordeaux-style blending, the winery was also the first to use the term Meritage with the 1985 vintage and the first to coin the term “Old Vine” to describe pre-Prohibition era Zinfandel vineyards.
This premier, family-owned winery is led by the second generation. Dave’s daughter, Kim Stare Wallace, serves as President overseeing a successful family winemaking and grape growing business that includes 185 acres of sustainably farmed vineyards. The winery is also 100% Certified Sustainable. Dry Creek Vineyard proudly produces delicious Dry Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Meritage blends as well as a portfolio of single vineyard selections.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
This position is full-time working approximately 35-40 hours per week. Working weekends and holidays will be required. Compensation is hourly plus commissions. This position will include benefits.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: This position works with the Tasting Room Manager on all aspects of tasting room operations with a special focus on maintaining the look and feel of the room through the use and sale of merchandise. This will include shopping for merchandise and food items, organizing and participating in seasonal merchandise flips, upholding the winery image and brand message and ensuring that our visitors have an outstanding wine country experience in the Dry Creek Vineyard Tasting Room and Retails Sales area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Merchandiser will be in charge of the day to day look and feel of the tasting room. This position works directly with the Tasting Room Manager to ensure that the room meets ownership's high standards and is clean, organized and ready for operation. This position requires an astute eye for quality, style and detail.
• Works directly with the Tasting Room Manager, Events Manager and Brand Stylist on ordering clothing and merchandise as needed for decoration and retail sale in the tasting room.
• Occasionally works with the Marketing Department on the sourcing and purchasing of items to be used in marketing programs and promotions.
• Orders merchandise and food items as needed.
• Ensures that all merchandise, food and wine items are received, priced and logged into inventory in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensures that all merchandise in the Tasting room is current, well stocked, priced and ready for sale.
• Ensures that monthly and quarterly tasting room décor flips are kept clean, neat and up to date with proper merchandise being restocked and that all displays of wine and non-wine products in the tasting room are attractive and maintained.
• Ensures that proper merchandise is moved between the Tasting Room Merchandise Closet and the Tasting Room Storage Container to ensure that proper seasonal items on the TR floor at all times.
• Assists with physical inventory of wine and non-wine items in the tasting room; completes proper inventory paperwork for winery samples and promotional accounts.
• Assists with back end management of Point of Sale.
• Works with the Tasting Room Manager on shipping of wine and non-wine merchandise.
• Attends Merchandise and Trade Shows as needed.
• Is a team leader in the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room.
• Is a team leader in bringing in new wine club members.
• Is knowledgeable and able to conduct all hospitality and tasting experiences.
• Greets visitors to the winery and pours wines for tastings and conducts guided tours as needed.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions about wines.
• Represents winery at outside functions as needed.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent eye for staging, merchandising, decorating and display.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work under competing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and the public.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups.
• Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to learn new software programs with ease.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to lift 45-50 pounds.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
• Must be over 21 years of age.