VINTUS is one of the country’s most dynamic young importers, with a portfolio consisting of many of the world’s great wineries (www.vintus.com), recently named Wine Enthusiast 2017 Importer of the Year and Wine & Spirits 2017 Importer of the Year.
The VINTUS portfolio is comprised of a focused group of extraordinary estates across leading and developing wine regions, including: Chateau Montelena, Ponzi Vineyards, E. Guigal, Champagne Bollinger, Domaine Chanson, Lucien Le Moine, Pétrus, Château Margaux, Château La Fleur-Pétrus, Domaine des Baumard, Tommasi, Masciarelli, Sandrone, Luce, Petrolo, Ornellaia, Le Macchiole, Telmo Rodriguez, Quinta do Noval, Errazuriz, Finca Decero, Mitolo, Heartland, and Dog Point Vineyard.
The position will be responsible for expanding the sales and distribution base in the Boston and greater Massachusetts market working closely with our distributor partner. This position reports to the Northeast Division Manager.
Your priority activities will include:
1. Increasing account distribution and sales through market work, including with distributor, supplier and other VINTUS personnel.
2. Maintaining and developing relationships with key on/off-premise accounts.
3. Executing brand strategies and programming.
4. Motivating and educating distributor personnel at all levels.
5. Continually tracking sales plans, budgets and inventory levels.
6. Organizing productive market visits for VINTUS suppliers.
An ideal candidate for these responsibilities will have the following qualifications:
1. Minimum 5 years sales experience and success in the wine industry at the importer or wholesale level.
2. A well-established network of key on/off-premise accounts.
3. A self-motivated, positive, energetic attitude and ability to work closely with the various winery, importer and distributor teams.
4. Strong organizational, speaking, writing and analysis skills.
5. Ability to independently and efficiently plan all aspects of your business: budgets, resources, time.
6. Computer skills that allow you to effectively use standard business programs and sales reporting systems.
7. Strong knowledge of international fine wines and desire to continually self-educate.
8. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
We will not be able to respond to applications without the prerequisite experience.
We will offer a competitive Salary, Incentive Compensation, Heath, Dental & Vision Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and Retirement benefits.