The Metro Market Manager reports to the Southwest Regional Manager and is responsible for executing the company’s sales goals in the entire San Francisco Bay area and Northern California. The primary focus is on execution at the account level, and requires a person who is self-motivated and willing to commit to the hours required to get the job done. Successful candidates will be high-energy, high-credibility personalities who love to close deals, love working in the wine industry and are proven, trusted relationship builders in the market.
• Working “on the street” in your assigned markets a minimum of 4 days per week making account calls alongside distributor sales staff or working independently in key accounts.
• Manage and update target account lists and focus on building/maintaining relationships with key accounts (both on and off premise).
• Merchandising Cline’s portfolio for appropriate point-of-sale placement, shelf position, display opportunities or wine list and by-the-glass/feature programs.
• Serve as the winery’s primary interface with our distributor partners, consistently appearing in their local, regional and statewide meetings to educate them on our brands and upcoming marketing initiatives, new items and programs.
• Participate in trade and consumer tastings, as well as wine dinners, for our key accounts in the markets.
• Achieve annual depletion and shipment objectives, profit goals and performance goals in your markets.
• Focus on increasing accounts sold in order to achieve performance goals.
• Work alongside Cline’s senior management to implement and oversee our sales plan in each market and participate in regular meetings with key distributor personnel.
• Conduct all duties in a professional, effective and efficient manner that meets the standards set forth in Cline’s employment agreement.
• Work in conjunction with your colleagues at Cline to organize multi-day market blitzes in your territory to drive business and brand awareness with our wholesaler partners. Also participate in market blitzes outside of your region, as assigned by winery senior management.
• Travel and Expense Reports - must be submitted twice per month on the Cline Cellars Expense Report and within your allotted T&E budget.
• Submit Competitive Pricing Reports as requested by Regional Sales Manager.
• Manage VIP Tour and Tasting Requests at winery and submit on Cline’s internal form.
• Provide senior management with requested reports including monthly accomplishment recap, regional account updates, top 50 account updates, work-with schedules, etc.
• Deploy winery resources including Cline’s marketing and hospitality teams, and our web-based Tradepulse distributor management portal.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICATION:
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Currently reside in the San Francisco Bay Area
• Have established working relationships with the markets’ key accounts and distributors.
• Have a proven track record of achieving sales goals and growing distribution for premium wine brands like Cline Cellars.
• Have excellent presentation, public speaking and computer skills.
• Are proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
• Are able to comfortably lift, and move wine averaging 40 pounds per case.
All applicants must have a valid driver license and proof of valid automobile insurance.
Experienced applicants - to apply, please send your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
We are only able to respond to individuals whose background and work experience meet the requirements of our Metro Market Manager position.
Cline Family Cellars is a family-owned and operated winery in Sonoma, California that has been producing and selling wines for more than 30 years. Our employees excel in a professional yet genuinely collegial work environment and are passionate about the value and authenticity of our wines. If these attributes sound like a good match for you, and you meet the qualifications, we greatly look forward to reviewing your application. Thank you.