At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands include Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags' Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organisation where the sky's the limit.
The Assistant Hospitality Sales Manager will be an integral part of our hospitality team at Beringer, supporting site operations, staff management, guest experience and sales and budget.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced hospitality professional to join our dynamic team and assist in the leadership of our committed tasting room staff. This person will serve as the front line manager for our tasting rooms, tours and Welcome Center, and is responsible for all guest interaction and the financial deliverables including fostering a safe environment for guests and employees, key sales metrics, and training/development of the staff.
• Manage, coach and develop a team of Hospitality Sales Associates across the various units of the business - Tasting Room, Tours, Retail, Private VIP and Concierge/Welcome Centre.
• Deliver exceptional consumer experience by pouring wines and educating consumers on our brand(s) in an enthusiastic manner
• Act as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, production, vintages, products and availability and awards and accolades
• Promote sale of wine and non-wine merchandise and actively participate in driving the team to achieve monthly goals
• Promote benefits of joining the Wine Club and achieve the required monthly Wine Club sign up goals
• Make the sales experience seamless by conducting RMS transactions comfortably and with confidence, an efficient problem solver
• Minimum four years direct-to-consumer sales and/or customer service experience, Wine Club experience preferred
• Proven track record of generating direct-to-consumer sales, leading a sales team and delivering results against defined targets
• Must be dynamic, innovative and positive and a strong team player
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sales aptitude
• Experience in leading teams, with a proven track record of supervising, leading and coaching sales teams of more than 25 employees
• Strong computer skills, notably MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, RMS (Retail and Wine Club), EWinery and CellarPass, or other equivalent reservations system, Outlook and Calendar
• Must be self-motivated, highly organized, and require minimal day-to-day direction
• Strong written, verbal and organizational skills in English
• Effective communication with all levels of employees and consumers, written and spoken, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic
• Must be able to work flexible shifts and must work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday).
• Must have knowledge of Napa Valley area, food and wine market, and understanding/ knowledge of wine and Winemaking as well as current trends/events in the wine business.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customers about the Winery history and brand strategy, including the differences between product tiers.
• Appropriate career cycle for position - eager to excel and take on additional responsibilities and grow with the
• Must have a clean professional appearance and able to represent TWE internally and externally
• Must be able to travel on occasion to other Company locations.
• Must be able to remain calm and focused under pressure
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
• 401k with match
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
• Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
• Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
• Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today!