Viticulturist to join the viticulture team for the daily viticulture management, processes, and quality standards for 1,700 acres in Napa and Sonoma Counties.
Monitors and reports on various farming activities which include: irrigation management, vine nutrition, weed control, chemical applications, disease and pest control, cultivation, canopy management, crop estimation, harvest, and regulatory compliance.
• Monitors fungicide, herbicide, and fertilizer applications.
• Oversees general vineyard data collection and input and ensures company viticulture database is updated.
• Scouts vineyard sites and creates reports.
• Assists in planning and executing fertility programs in conjunction with outside consultants.
• Manages crop estimation and data entry
• Assists with the organizational aspects of harvest.
• Performs short and long-term projects as assigned.
• Use and development of AgCode database management.
• Attends educational and industry specific seminars.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings with clients and winery grower liaisons.
• Minimum 3 years of vineyard experience.
• PCA preferred.
• Ability to identify common pests and diseases and have a clear understanding of their reproductive and disease cycles
• Valid and California driver’s license with clean record.
• Bilingual English/Spanish or working field Spanish preferred.
• Commitment to safety and producing work of the highest quality.
• Must be well organized with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills..
• Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite products, various databases, and weather station software.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Team player with the ability to manage people.
• Ability to lift and carry 40lbs.
• Ability to drive motor vehicle long distances.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions including hot/cold weather temperatures, mud, dust, soft soil, walk on uneven terrain.
• Must work a flexible schedule with additional hours during peak season, including Saturdays.
Vacation after one year of employment