Argyle Winery is searching for the newest member for its cellar team. The potential candidate should strive to learn something new each day, while being proactive, and attentive to crafting high-end wines. We are seeking a hardworking, organized, and self-motivated individual who will assume all cellar responsibilities, including sanitation, barrel work, wine movements, filtration, bottling, disgorging, lab analyses, and assisting with cellar record-keeping. Must be able to successfully multi-task, work efficiently, communicate clearly, have a high degree of attention to detail, and enjoy working with a small team.
• Keeping a clean and sanitary work environment in the cellar
• Driving forklift, stacking barrels, moving case goods, and equipment
• Working with cellar chemicals and use of proper protective equipment
• Hands on bottling, disgorging, barrel work, and tank cleaning
• Ability to supervise and lead others, especially during bottling and harvest
• Related science degree preferred
• Cellar experience
• Must have a high degree of attention to detail
• Physically able to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and ladders, and be routinely able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Basic understanding of wine chemistry and microbiology
• Forklift experience/certification is a plus
E-mail resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.