Position: Account Manager
Location: South Florida
WineBid, the premier Internet auction for fine and rare wine, is currently seeking an Account Manager in our South Florida office. An Account Manager’s primary goal is to procure consignments of fine and rare wine for auction. The successful candidate will be working with the world’s most acclaimed and prestigious wines since WineBid’s business model is to consign and auction only the most collectible wines from around the world. Daily responsibilities include actively seeking out potential consignments and taking care of all communication between WineBid and your potential and existing consignors in a professional, pro-active and business-like manner. An Account Manager’s duties include communicating with potential and existing consignors via telephone, email and fax during all phases of the consignment and auction process; researching current market values for wines that go into our auctions; conducting initial appraisals of wines consignors wish to sell; receiving incoming shipments from consignors; and handling post auction queries from clients. The job may also involve some regional travel.
• Excellent wine knowledge and a genuine enthusiasm for the world of fine wines.
• An understanding of the wine auction process
• At least two years of previous wine industry work experience, preferably with a distributor or importer
• The ability to work easily with computers, databases, spread sheets and Microsoft Office programs
• An undergraduate college degree
• Typing skills and a proclivity for paying close attention to details
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A pro-active approach to sales and business
• The ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, which is the basic weight of a case of wine
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. 401k.
Salary/Commission: Based on experience