Integrated Beverage Group (“IBG”) is seeking an Accounting/Office Manager to join our team of high-energy, passionate, hard-working players at our McMinnville, OR winery. This position reports to the Controller and CFO who are based in the corporate offices in Denver, CO and works closely with the Winemaker at the winery in McMinnville. IBG is a wine supplier with an operating winery in Oregon and winemaking in California, leveraging our analytical chemistry lab to ensure quality control of its wine brands (e.g. Replica, Great Oregon Wine Company), and technologically to help customers find wines that are similar in chemical makeup and taste. The ideal candidate has experience processing A/P, A/R, and Inventory transactions.
• Responsible for processing A/P and ensuring accurate coding of invoices in Bill.com
• Invoice daily sales, follow up with past due customers for collection
• Process daily cash receipts and reconcile bank accounts
• Processing and all inventory transactions at the winery and the 3PL warehouses, inventory receipts, and shipments out
• Month end journal entries as needed, intercompany reconciliations
• Process semi-monthly payroll for all entities
• Handle compliance issues (UPC’s, GTINs, COLAs)
• Manage tax reporting for OLCC and TTB reporting in conjunction with our third-party compliance company
• Coordinate shipments of finished goods and bulk inventory
• Provide office management functions for the winery
• Provide HR support for winery personnel--process new hires, terminations, payroll changes, temporary staffing, etc.
• Other support and responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
• 5+ years of accounting experience
• Experience with Quickbooks and general bookkeeping processes
• Experience within the alcohol beverage industry and/or manufacturing a plus
• Ability to deal professionally with vendors and customers
• Organized and able to work independently, and manage deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and strong analytical, organizational and research abilities.
The right fit within our companies for this position exhibit the following:
• You thrive in a start-up type environment. You think and act like a business owner and are fully engaged in the companies’ successes. You work with a true sense of purpose and urgency.
• You are passionate, energetic and charismatic.
• You have a team mentality. We are a small group that is constantly working with one another. We strike an important balance of supporting each other, working hard, having fun and holding each other accountbable.
• You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you just roll with the punches. You will be involved in a variety of (nearly all) aspects throughout the companies.
• You have a relentless attention to detail and pride in everything you do You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• You are tenacious and driven and rewarded by challenges. You can overcome any obstacle. You are a problem solver, not a problem identifier. If you don’t know the answer you’ll dig until you can find out. And when faced with adversity, you are hard-working and resourceful.