The Accounting Manager is responsible for the integrity and reporting of all financial data, and will assure accurate and timely reporting. The Accounting Manager will carefully monitor the timing of cash expenditures, analyze significant variances from budget, and report them to management on a timely basis.
Assignments may involve work of a confidential nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as a practical knowledge of company policies, practices, and procedures. Exceptional time management skills are imperative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary functions include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Responsible for all accounting functions and maintaining accuracy of all financial data, including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Property Accounting, General Accounting, and Invoicing.
• Monitor and advise management in an effort to control costs and expenditures.
• Prepare annual budget for submission by no later than December 15.
• Prepare balance sheets, make adjustments and closing entries, prepare profit and loss statements, research inventory, create journal entries, and maintain ledgers.
• Prepare ongoing analytical evaluations of the financial statements to identify overspending, negative or positive financial trends, margin trends, and any other variances from budget.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Prepare Month-End report(s) for review by supervisors and submit to owners in accordance with the pre-determined schedule.
• Prepare Year-End report(s) for review by supervisors and submit to owners by no later than January 31.
• Prepare federal, state, and local tax and wine compliance reports.
• Responsible for prompt processing and payment of employee expense reports.
• Responsible for all aspects of payroll.
• Evaluate and monitor insurance coverage; carefully shop insurance carriers and underwriters for the best possible rates and coverage.
• Research and process Wholesaler Credit Memos.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent organization and time-management skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills required.
• Work in a courteous, competent, and efficient manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• Ability to meet attendance standards.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE
Four years of accounting experience or CPA plus two years.
Winery accounting and Quickbooks experience preferred.
Excellent written and communication skills are required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and owners.
MATHEMATICAL / REASONING SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts using advanced math and accounting skills. Ability to analyze numbers and trends, and compile expenses.
Commensurate with experience.