• Paid full-time Sales internship in the Beer Division based in the Bay Area
• Estimated timeframe - late May through early August (10 weeks)
• Internship will consist of training, project work and rotational experiences to learn about various areas of the Beer organization, with a focus on developing an understanding of Sales in the alcohol-beverage (three-tier) industry. Opportunities also will include participating in sales presentations and working alongside our Field Sales employees in the market. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will present a final project to a group of Sales leaders from both Constellation and our distributor network.
• The expectation is that strong performers may have the opportunity to work for Constellation's
Sales organization or one of our distributor partners (may require relocation) after graduation.
• Compensation - $20-21/hr
• Occasional evening and weekend hours to accommodate special events and promotional activities
• Must have completed junior year of Bachelors program and have anticipated graduation date in 2019.
• Major in Marketing, Advertising or Business, with a focus on Sales. Course work in Management, Marketing, Sales, or Business Administration.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Average knowledge of spreadsheets and general knowledge of presentation and word processing software.
• Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
• Any experience working in the CPG or Beverage Alcohol industry.
• Above average proficiency of Microsoft Excel , PowerPoint and Word.
• Demonstrates professional maturity and the ability to operate effectively as a single contributor or as part of a larger team.
• Applies own talents to work assignments, yet asks for and uses feedback to expand competencies in current job in order to improve performance. Looks for better ways to perform routine job tasks to improve current effectiveness and seeks opportunities to acquire new skill sets to maximize future growth and development opportunities.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Organizes information in a way that facts or ideas build upon one another to lead the audience to a specific conclusion. Messages are direct, clear, concise, and complete.
• Builds relationships with teammates and supports good ideas of others. Celebrates success and achievement by peers and the broader team as a whole.
• Sets high goals and works tenaciously to achieve them. Creates realistic schedules for projects and follows them, pushing self and others to reach key milestone dates. Evaluates progress against defined schedules and goals. Responds to any setbacks with renewed effort and persists in the face of challenges.
• Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have access to a vehicle.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).