Manage many aspects of the operations of an award-winning winery working closely with winemaker & co-owners, Yannick and Susan Branum Rousseau. Part-time or full-time considered.
WHO WE ARE:
Y. Rousseau Wines is an urban, artisan, family-owned winery in Napa for 10 years making under-the-radar, unique varietals from Yannick's home region of Gascony, and the Madiran, in France. We are offering the right candidate a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embrace an excellence-driven, growing wine company and take it to the next level.
WHO YOU ARE:
The administrator is at the heart of running all aspects of YRW. With a grounded demeanor and clear perception, the ideal candidate must be able to cheerfully manage many spinning plates, and is naturally detail-oriented. This position requires a self-starter with impeccable organization. Although wine knowledge is not top priority, this person is willing to learn any and all aspects of the wine business. What is a must...? The capability of seeing ahead what is needed to move the company forward towards success and take action.
Be the dynamic face and voice of YRW with clients, sales partners, wine club and suppliers.
Daily communications via email/phone.
Provide tasting room support: reservations, greet & direct guests, setup and breakdown, whatever is needed.
Process wine orders, Wine Club & maintenance of customer data. (this is where the winning personality comes in).
Provide strategic support during events, planning and execution.
Be a brand champion and ambassador to both internal and external audience.
Manage A/P, A/R and collections.
Data entry: Quickbooks, Sales data, inventories, Vinespring (worlds best, easiest POS)
Input and invoice all distributors and brokers.
Support owner in order confirmations and payments for small 2nd business.
Keep track and update inventories, reconcile inventory data on a monthly basis.
Collect and reconcile sales data, inventories on a monthly basis.
Assist with compliance for licenses and permits for winery and wine distributors.
Keep office systems & procedures organized and up to date.
Key accounts relations (investors, brokers, distributors).
Manage in-house wine shipments. (big deal 2 times per year but you will have help)
Administer samples submissions.
Update/maintain winery collateral and website. (designing ability a plus!)
Assist with Wine Club processing and Events and other tasks.
Order office supplies, help with errands as requested by winemaker/owner
Send out email campaigns via Mailchimp and Eventbrite.
You are our ‘right fit’ if:
* You love meeting and making long-term friends through wine via phone, email and one-on-one.
• You have proven yourself dependable with 3 to 5 years running an office, executive assistant or PR manager.
• You have exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
• You are dependable and highly organized with business maturity, discernment, persistence, good judgment and are capable of turning directions on a dime. (not pirouettes, although that would be fun).
• You can work occasional Saturdays, as needed.
• You have direct winery experience or general awareness of Napa Valley. (we’ll teach you the rest).
• You have crazy proficient computer skills including Apple, Microsoft Office-suite, Quickbooks, Mailchimp, Winery POS (Vinespring). Or learn new new software quickly.
• You have a witty intellect, but take it all with a grain of salt.
• You organize in your sleep, establish priorities and manage workloads with a sense of adventure.
• You don’t mind being alone for periods of time holding down the fort, and always find something else that could use your golden touch.
• You are able to lift 45 pounds.
If you agree this sounds like a great job, email your resume along with a brief cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you think you'd make a good fit. Please also include your compensation expectations. Compensation is competitive and includes benefits package or insurance stipend if preferred, paid holidays and flexible hours.