The San Antonio Winery and Riboli Family have maintained a major presence in the wine industry community for over 90 years. The success of our 4th generation family owned wine company is reflected in our grass-roots approach to business, endless dedication and forward-thinking.
Winery Sales Representatives in Northern California, San Jose and surrounding areas. Winery Sales Representative will be responsible for development, execution and success of the Riboli Family Wines portfolio throughout all channels of the trade with a heavy focus on retail chains & our Stella Rosa brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage accounts in an assigned territory.
• Establish & maintain rapport with store/restaurant managers, wine department buyers/managers, and other pertinent personnel.
• Maintain 100% shelf distribution of all authorized items for each chain.
• Sell current programs for floor displays, build displays, and put up current P.O.S. & prices.
• Set shelves according to store schematics and/or company standards.
• Rotate vintages, fill shelves, fill cold box, and maintain company housekeeping standards including dusting and cleaning bottles.
• Cut-in new item distribution at retail chain stores and sell in authorized DSD items where applicable.
• Open new accounts, both independent off & on premise
• Sell list & by the glass placements at restaurant accounts.
• Maintain current pricing information.
• Complete daily preplans, recaps, and distribution reports.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Previous sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of chain accounts & restaurant buyers, buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
• Working knowledge of wine from the world’s major viticulture regions.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with or without supervision
• Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations.
• This position requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary, for tastings & special events.
• Must be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs; be able to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and lift repetitively.
• Successful candidate must: be at least 21 years of age; possess a current driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance coverage.
• Candidate must be willing to reside within assigned sales territory.