The Director of Marketing will be responsible Constellation's brands, The Dreaming Tree, Clos du Bois, and Charles Smith. Overall duties will revolve around marketing program development and execution, business analysis and project management. The Marketing Director will have to effectively represent the brand to the public and will have a team of direct reports.
• Is accountable for direction, plan development and execution of product performance to achieve annual and long-range volume and profit goals over several brands.
• Develop meaningful and relevant brand marketing communications that grow the brand franchise.
• Provides liaison with and/or advice from various sources such as marketing research, sales, manufacturing, distribution, research, corporate advertising, advertising agencies and the legal department.
• Leverage consumer insights, proprietary research and data to determine the optimal allocation of marketing resources across various media outlets and channels.
• Develop and sustain strong and productive working relationships with external partners for creative brand development, advertising and trade promotions.
• Plays a key strategic and tactical role in product quality improvement, new product or line extension development, testing, cost reduction, as well as traditional formulation of advertising and promotional programs.
• Ensure marketing campaigns generate effective demand for consumers, internal Field Sales, and vital external customers (e.g. Distributors and Retailers).
• Assigns various brands to each of several brand managers and inspires them to create imaginative marketing plans to be presented to management.
• Ensure the national brand strategy is consistent and relevant in regional / local markets.
• Lead cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of packaging, pricing, placement and promotion are aligned with the brand strategy.
• Collaborate with Field Sales and Marketing to ensure the brand is consistently and effectively positioned across all channels and touch-points.
• Recommends pricing strategy and any changes in basic pricing of assigned products.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field.
• 8+ years of progressive marketing experience in a CPG/FMCG industry.
• Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 30%, the wine industry is a hospitality-oriented industry, so availability to work weekends and evenings on occasion
• Proven desire and ability to think strategically and creatively, coupled with financial acumen and strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills; articulate, strong public speaking and writing skills, effective interpersonal skills.
• Strong team player and collaborator with all internal / external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and strong project management skills.
• Proficient PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen), custom database experience.
• MBA, preferred.
• Strong knowledge of wine category and a solid understanding of the three-tier distribution system.
• Wine sales experience.
• Successful candidate will be a very motivated self-starter and be able to work without daily guidance.
• Senior leadership experience in a Marketing function within a beverage alcohol industry.
• Significant experience developing a positioning strategy and marketing platform for a prominent brand.
• Managed a large marketing budget and worked with budgets, forecasts, and P&L statements.
• Strong track record of developing effective traditional / digital marketing campaigns.
• Extensive experience collaborating with external partners (e.g. advertising, design, digital, promotions agencies).
• Experience mining consumer demo / psychographic insights for a prominent consumer brand to inform marketing strategy and investment.
• Proven track record in building and leading a strong team.
• Experience with planning, development and commercialization of new products and line extensions.
• Experience optimally positioning a brand across multiple channels.
• Leveraged insights from quantitative ROI analyses and/or Marketing Mix Models to determine investment allocation / optimizations.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).