The Key Account Specialist maintains and expands relationships with strategic key customers. The Key Account Specialist represents the entire portfolio of company to assigned key customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers' needs and expectations are met by the company.
• Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
• Work in conjunction with Vice President of Sales, Regional and District Managers, Portfolio and Brand Specialists, to ensure effective execution of distribution, POS, promotions, pricing, programming.
• Target successful accounts to ensure continued and aggressive growth and stable, exemplary customer service.
• Target non-active busy/high profile accounts throughout the Region building a broader account base. These target accounts will be assigned as needed by Regional and District Managers
• Target underachieving accounts territory wide (as directed on a case by case basis) to expand growth opportunities primarily but not limited to luxury high profile/volume accounts.
• Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed Teams' assigned monthly/yearly dollar goals and case goal placement objectives, assisting Teams on achieving monthly Focus Goals.
• Educate account staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for restaurant and retail. Coordinating staff incentives where/when appropriate.
• Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (I.e. wine maker dinners, product launches, consumer tastings, Meet & Greets etc).
• Work in concert with Regional Managers and DM's to fulfill Supplier needs and expectations.
• Work with and manage supplier visits and winery principals, as well as handling scheduled Work-Withs when assigned.
• Develop an effective partnership with accounts.
• Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
• Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
• Submit prompt and accurate reports.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively with On and Off Premise sales management and sales consultants.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience; wine industry experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Programs.
• Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
• Comfortable with Web-based tools
• Valid Driver's License
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree