Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting immediate career opportunity for Trade Marketing Manager-West located at our Napa, CA office.
Delicato is a family-owned, family-run, fourth generation wine company with facilities in Napa, Manteca, and Monterey. President and CEO Chris Indelicato's Grandfather, Gaspare Indelicato emigrated from Italy to California and founded the company in 1924. The family continued to expand the winery, purchase prime vineyard land, and craft wine brands that consumers love. Today Delicato is the fastest growing wine company in the Top Ten wine companies in the US, with a diverse portfolio of brands such as Bota Box; Gnarly Head; Delicato's luxury Silverado Trail Black Stallion Estate Winery; Z. Alexander Brown wines made with Grammy-winning performer Zac Brown; and Earth Wise Vineyards from certified organic grapes.
The Trade Marketing Manager works within the national Brand Marketing team to proactively manage and develop plans and tools to meet the diverse needs across all channels of business with a primary focus on enhancing and growing the 4 Core brands, Equity brands and Emerging Brands. The Trade Marketing Manager works across channels and the portfolio to seek potential alignments and streamline systems, processes, etc. In addition, the manager will lead the implementation and communication of brand activation program objectives through both the internal sales team and the Distributor network. This role must influence and provide input to sales and brand marketing within Delicato and at the Distributor level and maintain a two way collaborative dialogue that emphasizes teamwork and getting results.
* Develops prioritized trade marketing performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined objectives to key sales and distributor stakeholders.
* Develops, provide input and presents (major markets) key brand objectives, priorities and programs during sales distributor joint business planning meetings. Specifically overseeing regionalized communication and translation of national brand programs into aligned monthly execution priorities and provide Sales and Distributor Trade with information needed to successfully execute and communicate programs.
* Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of key customer programs within the top retail chains, Independent Off Premise and On Premise accounts and actively works with the corresponding Sales and Distributor Trade Teams to develop customized solutions for growing the business with each key account.
* Monitors sales data and trends and has the ability to utilize data to build a story for Delicato brands within presentations.
* Presents and pitches relevant marketing programs with customers and supports meetings and follow up on the selected key trade initiatives. Attends relevant customer events.
* Collaborates with internal Marketing Operations Team as well as the Creative Services Team in order to produce trade marketing program elements.
* Sources and secures external support for tastings and demos nationwide, reducing costs and generating a more standardized experience.
* Provide ideation support and presentation/ collateral resources to Sales and Distributor Trade teams as it relates to Distributor General Sales Meeting presentations. Attend in person where applicable (Major Markets).
* Monitors adherence to spend within project budgets as set by Regional Sales, National Accounts, Brand and/or Trade budgets.
* Develop 360 trade marketing programs-utilizing National Brand umbrella and tailor for channel specific account business needs. Develops a thorough understanding of the key national account opportunities and understands their business needs in order to coordinate and tune national programs to greater success on a targeted basis.
* Reviews and monitors major chain communication vehicles and offers, i.e., Vestcom and Catalina, and seeks to secure volume advantage by leveraging across national brand portfolio. Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop calendar for each promotional vehicle.
* Fosters a cohesive, professional and collaborative relationship with Brand, Digital ™ Marketing, Regional Sales, National Accounts and Distributor Trade teams with prompt follow up on incoming requests.
* Leverages existing Brand Marketing strategic partnerships, as well as identifies regional strategic partnerships when needed, focused on driving unique regional programming for key accounts.
* Leads tactical execution of specific trade programs.
* Lead, facilitate and implement regional trade marketing conference call and publish consistent communications on new and ongoing programs as part of the Trade Marketing, National Accounts, Regional Sales and Distributor Trade team call. Leverage call to develop and coordinate a means to seek regular input from key stakeholders on promotional materials and platforms and overall communications.
* Participate and provide relevant presentation materials for annual Division Sales Meeting, Global Sales Meeting, monthly Marketing Team Meetings and weekly Trade Marketing Team meetings.
* Collaborates with Category Managers to incorporate key fact based insights in sell sheets, decks and communication pieces, to deliver against account and brand objectives with creative and meaningful brand programs.
* Candidate must be able to work seamlessly across Sales, Distributor, Category Managers, Brand Managers, Trade Managers, etc.
* Trade Marketing Manager to build, manage completion and align key stakeholders on annual M&E plan for key strategic Trade Marketing programs.
* Assist other Marketing initiatives upon request.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related degree
* Minimum 7 years experience in marketing and/or sales
* M.B.A. a plus
* Knowledge of Westcoast market a plus