Tasting Room Manager – Full Time
White Oak Vineyards & Winery
Alexander Valley - Healdsburg, CA
Founded in 1981, White Oak Vineyards & Winery is located in the heart of the renowned Alexander Valley. With 500 acres of vineyards in the Napa, Russian River and Alexander Valleys, we are dedicated to producing the best possible wines from the best available crop - vintage to vintage.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the Tasting Room Manager will lead our knowledgeable team of wine enthusiasts in delivering outstanding experiences for our guests while maintaining effective sales techniques. The right candidate for this position will be highly organized and have a natural knack for hospitality. The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Tasting Room, its inventory, staff and all DTC sales channels with a primary goal of increasing overall retail sales.
The Tasting Room Manager will work along side & maintain close communication with our Wine Club & Event Manager.
- Manage routine daily operations including opening and closing of the tasting room
- Manage the staff and all scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage while maintaining labor budget
- Maintain partnerships with third party sales providers for sales optimization
- Provide content for marketing & advertising
- Maintain hospitality program for all tastings and tours
- Manage all shipping compliance and out-of-state sales tax reporting
- Manager of wine inventory & warehouse transfers
- Merchandise buyer for non-wine items including shipping materials
- Financial responsibility for tasting room transactions and deposits
- Website maintenance
- Maintain strong relationships within the community, including active memberships in relevant wine & tourism associations
- Achieve annual revenue goals and provide periodic reporting to management
- Closely adhere to all health department regulations
- Must have a Food Safety Manager’s certificate or obtain one immediately upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Seasoned people management skills
- Minimum 2+ years experience as a Tasting Room, Assistant Tasting Room or Wine Club Manager
- Demonstrate high standard of customer service and hospitality
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and winery software programs (Candidate will most likely need to be trained in GrapeGears as we switched from VinNow 2 years ago).
- Advanced knowledge of fine wines
- Must be able to lift and move 40 pounds
- Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently
Please, no phone calls about this job.