Maintenance and Bottling Supervisor
Bouchaine Vineyards is a family owned 100 acre property, founded in 1981, located in the Carneros District of Napa Valley. Bouchaine produces ultra-premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, along with small amounts of Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Meunier, Riesling and Syrah. We are seeking a Maintenance and Bottling Supervisor.
• Responsible for supervising and coordinating all winery bottling operations for Bouchaine as well as custom winemaking clients. Approximately 10 weeks of bottling operations occur annually.
• Plan and organize activities involved in the maintenance of winery facilities and equipment.
• Assignments can be complex and require a working knowledge of methods, tools, procedures, and material characteristics. Tasks involve troubleshooting, modification, installation, repair, servicing, and similar maintenance operations.
• Must be self directed, work well under pressure and be able to perform diverse maintenance tasks. This is a multi-faceted position requiring organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for repair, modification, and maintenance, including routine servicing of winery equipment and all aspects of building facility.
• Negotiate with vendors, seek bids from suppliers and independent contractors, and oversee maintenance to ensure compliance and repair of all winery equipment.
• Interface with government officials concerning inspections, OSHA regulations, water and waste water management and reporting and related business.
• Provide support in one or more of the skilled trades (carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical maintenance, welding, fabrication, air conditioning/heating/ventilation) and routine support in a variety of others.
• Supervise bottling crew and schedule job assignments.
• Conduct on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
• Ensure adequate inventory of all bottling supplies, corks, capsules, glass, labels etc., and interface with vendors and custom clients to ensure their timely delivery.
• Ensure that packaging standards meet required guidelines.
• Oversee equipment and line sanitation requirements.
• Ensure proper operation and care of equipment including preventative maintenance and immediate repair as necessary.
• Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and equipment to keep the line running.
• Responsible for training, safety, and work output of assigned staff.
• Schedule trucking deliveries and shipments for maximum bottling efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Must be a certified forklift driver.
• Knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in assigned skill trade area.
• Knowledge of safety regulations, personnel policies and procedures.
• Must hold valid driver’s license and have a driving record that meets the required standards of our insurance company.
• Excellent attention to detail especially as it pertains to mechanical and electrical systems.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work independently while also interacting with other employees as necessary.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, both orally and in written communication.
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and safely perform physical labor as necessary.
• Ability to work overtime and extended hours
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and a list of references.