Tuck Beckstoffer Wines offers an exciting career opportunity for a Midwest Regional Sales Manager based in Chicago, IL / Houston, TX / Dallas, TX.
Tuck Beckstoffer creates world-class wines. As the President of Tuck Beckstoffer Wines he produces a dozen of Napa Valley’s most exciting and sought-after wines. Working with a spectrum of varietals, Tuck gives the consumer unparalleled quality in a range of prices. Pioneers of the Napa Valley grape growing industry, the Beckstoffer family made the vineyards both their lives and their livelihood. When not playing in the vineyards, Tuck was learning about them. 1975 marked his first harvest, and since then Tuck can’t remember a harvest when he hasn’t tasted, smelled and picked the fruit straight from the vine.
Extensive viticultural knowledge drove a desire to learn more about the winemaking process. Studies with winemaking legends in wineries both at home and abroad only whetted Tuck’s appetite to create a wine of his own. After making Tuck Beckstoffer Cabernet Sauvignon in 1997 to critical acclaim, collectors and connoisseurs asked for more. That demand continues today. His Semper Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are among the highest rated and most critically acclaimed Sonoma Coast wines produced today. Melee Grenache was hailed an “elegant expression of the land and a joy in the glass.” His Mockingbird and Tuck Beckstoffer Cabernets have been praised as “wines of remarkable character. A treasure to drink and to collect.” His Seventy Five Wine Company has been championed as “pedigreed wine for people who are above pedigree.”
Title: Midwest Regional Sales Manager
This position is responsible for achieving the region’s sales and marketing goals at approved price points and within budget. This involves extensive focus on account and distributor management and the development of promotional programing and incentives to increase the account base and sales volume in all wholesale channels. Represent the company among the various customer constituencies and represent the company culture through personal behavior and actions. The position will work with the National Sales Manager to coordinate all regional marketing and sales management efforts in the region.
Reports to: National Sales Manager (NSM)
Interacts with: Distributors and wholesale accounts, as well as with winery principals, managers and staff.
• Develop, implement and manage regional marketing and sales efforts to achieve the monthly and annual sales goals.
• Develop strong working relationship with all levels of distributors and accounts.
• Responsible for monthly review of distributor sales orders, depletions and inventory levels, making sure there is adequate inventory for all existing and potential accounts.
• Maintain awareness of competitive landscape, market trends and industry developments- communicate them to supervisor and management.
• Execute best practices for “product sell through” at the account level.
• Monitor and analyze monthly each distributors and accounts shipments, depletions and inventory versus goals.
• Maintain constant communication with distributors and winery regarding performance and recommend corrective action to ensure performance.
• Work with the NSM to establish priority markets and products.
• Develop, document and manage approved distributor pricing. Maintain current approved pricing and promotional programming with the winery for accurate and timely ordering and invoicing.
• Define distributor performance objectives and review progress versus goal monthly with each distributor. Schedule regular meetings with distributor management to ensure open communication and that sales goals are achieved.
• Work in the trade weekly calling on existing and targeted accounts. Regularly travel to each market to build brand champions within the distributor sales force.
• Provide regular education and training of distributors to keep them trained on and informed of our portfolio.
• Review monthly budget reports ensuring spending is within budget parameters.
• Maintain and “share” calendar of meetings and activities, including vacation and sick time.
• Able to sustain a fast work pace, meet deadlines, and tolerate frequent interruptions and changes in routine.
• Able to lift and carry 45lbs.
• Able to sit on an occasional basis.
• Able to stand for 5 hours.
• Able to travel by car daily and work some evenings and weekends.
• Able to travel by airplane as required.
• Able to tolerate repetitive motions on an occasional basis.
• Able to read, write, spell, and speak English.
• Able to deal tactfully with customers, other personnel, and/or the public.
• Able to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
• Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• No DUI offenses/excellent driving record.
• Must be comfortable in a variety of work environments including retail stores, wineries, restaurants, offices and warehouses.
• Regular overnight travel will be required.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
• Three years’ wine sales related experience. At least two years’ successful experience with distributor management.
• Thorough knowledge of the wine industry, including competitive brands, sales and market trends, viticulture and vinification practices and channel marketing.
• Proven record of achieving sales goals and expanding account base.
• Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of account management and sales.
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Proficiency with basic computer software and functions: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook, and BDN reporting software.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking and negotiating.
• Proven skills in time management, persuasion and organization skills