The Event Manager is responsible for selling, planning, and facilitating the daytime and evening wine education events of this lively Napa Valley winery.
Job responsibilities for the Event Manager may include:
• Selling wine education events; qualify and process wine education event leads
• Explains policies and procedures for use of winery facilities to clients and the general public
• Prepare event estimates, negotiate contracts, conduct site inspections with potential clients
• Assists the clients on planning wine education events and advises clients on setup options and types of materials needed to achieve desired results including table ware, lighting, music, floral, furniture, general décor, catering and other event setup needs
• Creates banquet event orders & event diagrams
• Coordinates with Banquet Manager for setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations or other equipment is in accordance with winery policy and safety regulations
• Manage full event cycle; working cross functionally with multiple internal departments and outside vendors
• Achieve budgeted winery revenue goals
• Maintain high quality customer service standards
• Works constructively and well in a team environment, both as a leader and team player
• Provides invoices to clients, calculates and provides all estimates of costs incurred in completing an event and collects payments once an event is booked
• Other duties as assigned or directed
• Requires attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English a must
• Basic knowledge of Events Industry is ideal
• Excellent Computer skills with knowledge of Windows O/S
• Excellent knowledge of Word, EXCEL, Internet, and Outlook Mail
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics based POS software, VinoSoft or Vin 65 a plus
• Knowledge of Wines and the Wine Industry a plus
• Must have a passion for the Events Industry, interest in the Wine Industry a big plus
• Must be willing and able to work within a team environment - in a leadership role, and keep good relations with other employees through positive attitude and willingness to work together
• Must demonstrate impeccable, mature, superior customer service skills
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Must have ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must possess a valid California Driver's license and have reliable transportation
Reports to: Director of Hospitality & Events
Hours & Pay: This is a full time, non-exempt position. Schedule is typically Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00am - 5:30pm. Must be available to work evening events and holidays. Hourly pay plus monthly and annual bonus opportunities. Full benefits available, and 2 weeks paid vacation after the first year of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, cold warehouse conditions, and varying degrees of heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Employee is exposed to all food types including, but not limited to, shellfish, fish, beef, lamb, chicken, fruits, vegetables, nuts, peanuts, etc.