Position summary: The Assistant Tasting/Club Manager reports to the Tasting Room Manager and Wine Club Manager. The position assists the Tasting Room Manager in overseeing all aspects of the Legacy club spaces and tasting room, ensuring world-class customer service with friendliness and warmth, increasing tasting room wine sales and increasing per-guest spending, managing table turns and zoned table service and ensuring adequate staffing for events and Tasting Room operations. The person also acts as the liaison between the Tasting Room and the Hospitality Manager to ensure support for events scheduled in the Tasting Room and elsewhere on the Estate. The position also assists the Wine Club Manager in meeting wine club sales and membership goals, wine club administration, processing of wine club disbursements, planning wine club events, and processing shipping orders. The position also works closely with the Wine Club Ambassador to schedule and manage elevated tasting experiences for the public and for wine club members and works with the national sales team to manage and host trade tastings.
Essential Tasting Room Functions:
• Supervise and perform hospitality functions which can include greeting visitors, providing tasting and wine education, conducting consumer and VIP tours, assisting staff with customer services, coordinating trade, large group and other visits with FOB managers, B2B manager and Marketing/Communications managers.
• Manage reservations and table turns for zoned table-side service in the Tasting Room and Legacy Room and assign staff to pouring/service stations and manage their performance throughout the day.
• Develop and maintain networking programs with local lodging establishments, restaurants, visitor bureaus, to increase visitor traffic to the Tasting Room.
• Maintain open communication with all tasting room staff regarding winery policies, goals, procedures and events. Schedule regular staff training, tastings and seminars.
• Maintain adequate inventory of wine and gift items and monitor sales and make adjustments as needed using discounts, special bonus pours, and events to highlight select wines.
• Coordinate sales and financial aspects of the Tasting Room which can include managing cash tills and event tills, generating financial reports and reconciling errors in cash balances, and handling daily cash drops, ensuring accuracy of pour reports and reconciliation of poured out wines in POS system.
• Maintain Tasting Room and event staffing schedule and approve electronic time cards. Act as liaison with temporary staffing agency in making staff requests and evaluating effectiveness of temp staff provided by agency. Work with B2B Manager, FOB Managers and Hospitality and Promotions Manager to ensure adequate staffing for estate and off-site events.
Essential Wine Club Functions:
• Monitor wine club signups and ensure that Tasting Room associates hit monthly wine club signup goals and act as a resource to Tasting Room associates to ensure accuracy in communication, billing, account information and correct profile set up of new club members.
• Assist Wine Club Manager in facets of wine club administration, including verifying new member information, tracking new memberships, scanning forms, and issuing referral bonuses.
• Assist Wine Club Manager with wine club processing, packing, and fulfillment.
• Work with Tasting Room associates to correctly take and process shipping orders.
• Provide support to Wine Club Manager to convey shipping orders to fulfillment companies.
• Assist in planning and implementing wine club events including release parties, club pickup parties, and other events.
• Assist Club Ambassador in booking and hosting elevated experiences for wine club members as well as seated tastings for members in wine club spaces.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to communicate clearly and effectively to guests and other staff.
• Possess intermediate computer skills including email, internet, proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point, and familiarity with POS systems including VIN65.
• Ability to calculate discounts, percentages, and an understanding of fractions, ratios and proportions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate projects, work independently and in teams and an ability to adapt to frequent changes without becoming frustrated.
• Superior initiative, sense of responsibility and sense of ownership.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work with very little time seated.
• Moderate physical activity performing strenuous activities including walking, climbing, lifting, reaching and carrying. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight. Clear vision and hearing adequate for telephone, office and group conversation.
• Ideal candidate will have prior experience as manager of a small tasting room as well as a club manager of a small winery or as an assistant tasting room manager or wine club manager of a medium-sized winery.
• Prior experience in a restaurant or other hospitality business.
• Prior experience working with banquets or other large events.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter