Guest Experience Manager
Are you looking to move to the next level in winery experiences? Does the opportunity to make a significant impact at a new winery location intrigue you? Would you like to represent some of the finest wines produced in Sonoma County in a highly personalized, by-appointment, one-on-one tasting format? Do you consider yourself a proactive go-getter, with a can-do attitude, who thrives in a multifaceted role? If so, let’s talk!
Located in Dry Creek Valley, Flanagan is the newest winery in the hills above Healdsburg. We specialize in making great wines from some of the best vineyards in Sonoma County. We own prime vineyards throughout Sonoma County, including Platt Vineyard – a premier Pinot/Chardonnay vineyard in California. Since opening our new winery location in January 2017, we have become one of the “go to” destinations in wine country.
We are in search of an enthusiastic, ambitious, results driven, detail oriented, and highly professional F/T Guest Experience Manager. This is a full-time position that involves working weekends and occasional participation in special events. This person will become one of the new faces to the winery. This position is critical to the overall growth and success of the winery. We offer highly competitive pay, plus monthly sales commission, wine club sign-up commission, and benefits.
This is a front of house position that requires hustle, a sense of urgency, and grace under pressure. Wine industry knowledge is critical and the ability to tell stories imperative.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Conduct seated tastings in a relaxed, personal, conversational style (including seasonal tours)
• Selling wines and wine club, meeting weekly and monthly sales goals
• Ensure all guest experiences are memorable and exceed visitor expectations with exceptional customer service
• Cultivate long-term connections with our guests through attentive hospitality (making them loyal fans for life)
• Properly finish daily open and close procedures, involving but not limited to: accurate entry of POS order information, finalize shipping orders, reconcile sales transactions, maintain cleanliness requirements, fulfill daily operations including timely response to incoming phone and email communication
• Perform customer outreach with phone calls and assist DTC customer relationship efforts
• Assist with outreach to wine industry contacts, as directed by management
• Represent Flanagan Wines, including periodic onsite and offsite pouring events
• Assist with booking appointments and entering into reservation system
• Additional duties related to guest experience and sales activities
• Passion for wine, food, and wine country lifestyle
• Strong knowledge of Sonoma County wines, AVAs, and history
• Motivated team player who also excels working independently
• Leadership, positive attitude, thrives in fast paced environment and brings hustle while looking at ease
• Outstanding customer service and engaging hospitality skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate efficiently and effectively over the phone
• Minimum 2 years of wine experience preferred
• Knowledge of wine, wine production, and general wine regions – formal wine education is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize projects and work flow
• Knowledge of Vin65 and CellarPass are a big plus, as are customer database management, social media savvy, and CRM skills
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required
• Must have a reliable vehicle, possess valid CA driver license and be willing to occasionally travel to off-site events
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
• Able to stand for extended periods of time
TBD – based on experience – we do offer highly competitive pay, plus monthly sales commission and wine club member sign-up commission.