Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for almost four decades. Founded with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn Portfolio has evolved to include Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy and Canvasback, and features a unique structure that includes six dedicated winemakers. Combining more than 600 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards in California’s Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Anderson Valley and Washington State’s Red Mountain, with grapes from the finest growers, each winery has its own focused winegrowing program from which to make its wines. Duckhorn Wine Company wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 45 countries.
SUMMARY: This position is designed to achieve maximum sales potential in selected chain accounts throughout LA/Ventura Counties and surrounding areas by meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals. The successful Chain Sales Representative will identify and respond to opportunities that build and enhance brand equity in the market in the long term, as well as maximize sales in the short term. This position must uphold the integrity of the company by following its guidelines and meeting its expectations, goals, and mission.
** The ideal candidate will reside in the San Fernando Valley area. **
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with CA Sales and National Accounts team to support business and established chain accounts.
• Work directly with individual store managers to maximize exposure of Duckhorn Wine Company wines in the individual stores.
• Ensure 100% compliance with authorized pricing/promotions/plan/schematic/resets developed by the various chain headquarters.
• Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of sale marketing materials and oversight of the shelf space in the specified accounts.
• Maintain continuous communication with the Chain Sales Manager regarding changes in buyer preferences, out of stock inventory concerns/situations and price changes.
• Introduce new products, reinforce established volume and display activity, ensure vintage rotation/shelf and cold box placement, and monitor in-store promotion results.
• Stay abreast of business/market conditions (to include building rapport with other vendors), recognize and promote new product and display opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records and administration.
• Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer (wine steward and other store staff) through knowledge of Duckhorn’s products and procedures.
• Participate in Duckhorn’s training/orientation designed to increase and improve your understanding of industry trends, develop product knowledge, and form sales skills in collaboration with the sales manager
• Work flexible hours which include early mornings, some evenings, and some weekends.
• Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent related experience such as:
- Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience
- Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of wine selling, wine varietals, and leading categories.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good math and computer skills
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, defined as time out of office visiting accounts
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume, letter of introduction and salary requirements.