Hahn Family Wines is an independent, family-owned wine company focused on growing and producing ultra- premium and luxury wines of place. We source from our own estate in the cool climate areas of Monterey County and from select growers in California. We strive to be recognized among the best and win customers for a sustainable future. Hahn Estate is located in Soledad, California, in Monterey County's Santa Lucia Highlands; one of California's premier and most highly-sought after appellations.
This critical role is based at our Napa, California location and focuses on sales support of HFW Export, Transportation and National Accounts teams.This position will manage key support functions internal processes of Export and US Sales. This position will assist with developing procedures, internal audits, and training in compliance related areas for Export Policies & Procedures. This high-energy position requires self-starter mentality, high attention to detail, and initiative to track, manage, and drive tasks or projects to completion. Confidence navigating and completing complex export tender offers and RFPs.
As assignments are deadline driven and detail oriented, this position requires strong communication skills to disseminate information internally and externally in a clear and timely fashion. This role will regularly communicate up and across the organization as well as with warehouse personnel, brokers, importers, freight forwarders and other trade professionals. Tasks and duties require skills to manage shifting priorities, multi-task and perform detailed follow-up with all vested stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Export & Transportation Sales Coordination
• Manage samples shipments for all Export, Transportation opportunities
• Monthly sales performance reports (Export and Transportation only)
• Assist Export and Transportation team with sales inquiries and data research
• Maintain database of importers, brokers, and international customer contacts
• Monitor and communicate brand, sku, company, pricing news, eg: vintage changes, price adjustments, allocations, deadlines, etc., to broker/importer network
• With Marketing, identify Export sales support materials needs, coordinate production
• Label production, including strip and case (Export and Transportation only)
• Frequent trips to Groskopf & Wine Direct to drop off strip labels for export orders
National Accounts Sales Coordination
• With National Accounts Manager, oversee, track and manage all samples shipments;timely completion and submission of RFP’s;
• Brands assets, company background, wine specs, vintage turn, volume needs, etc.
• Monitor & communicate brand, sku, company, pricing news, eg: vintage changes, price adjustments, allocations, deadlines, etc., to national account teams and prospects
• Under direction of Marketing, identify National Accounts support materials needs, coordinate production
• With National Accounts Manager, draft “new placement” notifications for HFW staff
General Sales Support
• Sales department invoice review and coding
• With VP Sales, develop and distribute agendas for monthly and quarterly sales meetings; maintain national pricing grids (on/ off channels) for all markets (US & Export)
Competencies and Requirements
• Strong customer service, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive, “can do” attitude; takes responsibility
• Ability to prioritize deliverables to meet deadlines efficiently; managing multiple tasks simultaneously, reprioritizing as needed
• Comfortable pulling data and creating spreadsheets
• Software proficiency: Windows Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), mandatory
• Navision experience, preferred
• Dependable with good work attendance
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across functional lines with ability to reason and solve problems logically
• 3+ yrs. wine industry experience, marketing, sales or compliance strongly favored
• Thrive working in a start-up environment: fast paced and high energy, managing multiple tasks and deadlines, effectively prioritizing with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work Monday thru Friday with some evening and weekend work, as business needs require
• Valid CA driver’s license with ability to safely operate vehicle and ability to become and maintain status as an authorized company driver
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to participate in/represent Hahn Family Wines at Special Events & Tastings; ability to travel overnight occasionally to Hahn Estate and NorCal events.
No supervisory responsibility. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Frequently required to taste and smell wine, grasp objects, reach with hands and arms and sit for extended periods of time to work on a computer. Must regularly lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds on a repetitive basis, frequently lift and/or move, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to climb, kneel, bend and stoop, crouch or crawl to stock/pull.items from warehouse area for shipping by pushing/pulling and or moving and distributing cases of wine and other merchandise. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus .Employee must be able to work non-traditional business hours including occasional evenings, weekends and holidays; travel overnight occasionally to Monterey winery and Northern California events. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Submit cover letter & resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sales Coordinator" in subject line.