About the Role:
This position requires you to perform all cellar duties pertinent to the production of luxury wines. We are looking for a candidate with over 5 years-experience and proven ability to perform cellar tasks at a high level. Must demonstrate strong capabilities in leadership, training employees, mobile bottling line, cross flow, bottling prep, racking, blending, barrel work and harvest operations (leading a team, receiving fruit, pressing and weightmaster). Also:
• Operate cellar equipment such as crossflow filters, sterile filters and others, presses, de-stemmers, crushers, hoppers, punch down and pump over equipment.
• Knowledge of wine additives and their proper use and handling. Knowledge of chemical MSDS warnings and proper safety methods of handling chemicals.
• Perform tank additions according to SOP's including addition calculations.
• Perform all inventories, including bulk wine tanks, chemicals and barrels.
• Perform tank measurements.
• Knowledge of all compressed gas cylinders, their use, care and storage.
• Train Tech I's, Tech II's and temporary employees and lead a team.
• Miscellaneous duties including maintenance and other special projects as assigned.
• Have a good comprehension of the entire winemaking process.
• Complete Continuous Improvement projects.
• Demonstrate desire to continuously learn and improve leadership skills.
• Identify and respond quickly to near-misses, potential injuries and accidents and continually set the example of workplace safety practices.
• Provide support and assistance to the Cellar Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalency required.
• 5 years or more previous cellar experience a must. (Solid winery references required.)
• Forklift experience required.
• Proficiency in mathematics required. Ability to perform calculations with accuracy including percentages and ratios.
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
• Ability to work overtime and evenings as required, especially at harvest.
• Good communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to excel as a member of a small winery team are essential.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Requires walking on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time, repetitive squatting, strenuous pulling/pushing of hoses, equipment and pumps.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a courteous and professional manner.
Whatever corner of the earth our wines come from, whatever their vintage, we're intensely proud of the legacies created by our people and of those who continue to perpetuate our remarkable story. We look for people who possess an undeniable level of passion and ambition in all they do.
Treasury Wine Estates employs more than 3,500 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, distribution and support staff across 16 countries. Apply today and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
• 401k with match
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
• Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
• Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
• Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org