Have a passion for wine? We are an established and well respected winery in the Santa Ynez Valley, looking for a full time, weekday tasting room associate. Our wines are crafted by hand, from 150 acres of estate grown grapes, with 125 acres certified biodynamic since 2009.
- Has general wine knowledge, especially that pertaining to the Santa Ynez Valley and Rhone varietals.
- Greets customers and makes all them feel welcome throughout their experience.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced bar environment.
- Has an enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Desire to learn quickly about our personal wine-making history and share that knowledge accurately with guests as a “brand ambassador”.
- Promotes the wine club and sells memberships.
- Rings up sales and can handle cash and credit cards in a quick and efficient manner.
- Maintains the appearance of the tasting room, which includes stocking merchandise, stocking wine, washing and drying glasses, and some additional cleaning.
- Attends evening staff meetings regularly.
- Minimum one year experience in the wine industry.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and/or overtime.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
This is a full time weekday job. The hourly rate depends on experience, with commission, benefits, and growth potential.
Please send resume, cover letter, and current references.