Broken Earth Winery is located in Paso Robles on the Central Coast of California. We are a medium sized, family owned winery producing 150,000 cases per year, almost entirely from Estate Grown fruit. We are seeking to fill the full-time position of Warehouse Supervisor.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
• Oversee all shipping, receiving, and packing room activities.
• Maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
• Oversees all orders that are picked, packed and pulled for shipping during shift.
• Manages receiving and shipping paper flow.
• Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
• Responsible for adherence to alcoholic beverage regulations and practices as it pertains to warehousing of goods.
• Ensures all established policies and procedures are followed.
• Communicate policies and procedures to other departments for transparency.
• Assists with inventory activities; supervises inventory control process, assists to reconcile month end inventories/discrepancies including audit of finished goods.
• Responsible for maintaining reports, records and documentation to reflect department activities.
• Ensures that goods are packaged and protected for shipment according to specifications.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
* 3 years leadership experience in winery or other high velocity work manufacturing environment, or equivalent education/work experience would be a plus
* Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines; display appropriate sense of urgency
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish would be a plus
* Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently
* Previous shipping experience preferred
* Positive and professional attitude
* Forklift certified
* Strong attention to detail
* Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
* Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
* Possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment under pressure
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the production environment
This position works closely with the Production Supervisor. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and previous experience. It is available for immediate start with excellent health benefits (after a qualifying period). Familiarity with VinTrace (VinX2) is very beneficial.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No calls to the winery.