Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners and with our customers.
Reflecting the spirit and vision of the Founders, the Reservations Coordinator fields telephone calls and receives visitors while conveying the image, style and substance of Opus One. The Reservations Coordinator provides administrative support as needed for Guest Relations, assists with Customer Service follow-up for the Partners’ Room and Direct Marketing and provides reservations assistance for other functional areas of the winery. Some assignments may involve work of a confidential nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Receive all incoming calls for executive and managerial staff, taking messages and delivering them to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
• Make and confirm public tours – to include double-vintage tours – and tasting reservations for Opus One’s prospective guests.
• In the absence of or in support of the Trade and Consumer Reservation Specialist, book Group Tours creating proper contracts and getting signatures.
• In the absence of the Trade and Consumer Reservation Specialist, book Trade and Private Tours.
• Act as a source of information on general questions regarding the winery.
• Retrieve incoming messages and website inquires each morning and promptly deliver to appropriate individuals.
• Respond to inquiries from the Opus One website, developing and maintaining a list of common responses to pertinent questions.
• Speak knowledgeably about all Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers, and vintages offered for sale at the winery or anywhere in the world, knowing details about
Opus One or related merchandise to better assist the customer in the selection of wine or wine-related items.
• Receive and announce visitors to Opus One’s office in a friendly, gracious and professional manner.
Administrative Duties (50%)
• Input CRM data for public tours and tasting reservations.
• Support Communications and Direct Marketing Managers for managing data hygiene and entering updated contact information within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Follow up on customer service on all retail and miscellaneous shipments.
• Research billing questions on shipping invoices.
• Communicate with Fed Ex when necessary to track wine deliveries.
• Work with Guest Relations Manager and Direct Marketing Manager to resolve customer service issues as needed.
• Assist the Special Events Supervisor with event projects as needed (menus, name cards, assembling gifts, etc.)
• Assist the Vice President of Communications and Guest Relations, Guest Relations Manager and Guest Relations staff by performing administrative tasks as necessary.
• Assist other senior managers in special projects as necessary and appropriate.
• Produce and maintain inventory of name cards for use in Grand Chai Tasting Room.
• Produce custom presentation materials for selected multi-vintage tastings.
• Order office supplies for all departments on a weekly basis.
• Coordinate maintenance of and troubleshoot problems with office equipment.
• Pick up mail from Oakville post office each morning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum high school diploma or GED required; college preferred. Must have at least three years previous experience in receptionist/administrative positions; foreign language skills are a plus.
Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent telephone skills and pleasant phone voice required. Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Employee must exhibit good judgment in dealing with all types of people. Must be able to understand people clearly over the phone and have the ability to understand foreign accents.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers, to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must have the ability to sit for up to four (4) hours. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Employee must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Opus One.