MEMBER RELATIONS MANAGER
NAPA VALLEY GRAPEGROWERS
The mission of the Napa Valley Grapegrowers is to preserve and promote Napa Valley's world-class vineyards.
THE MEMBER RELATIONS MANAGER
The Napa Valley Grapegrowers announces the opening of a full time Member Relations Manager position. The Member Relations Manager will be responsible for the overall development and execution of the NVG’s membership outreach plan. The successful candidate will have a strong sales & marketing background with a proven track record of increasing growth. Additionally, they will exhibit exceptional professionalism, analytical skills, communication, and strategic vision.
1. Membership Outreach
• Develop and manage membership outreach plan to increase membership
• Host and promote regular meetings and events with current and potential NVG members to communicate the value of membership.
• Responsible for meeting membership growth and budget goals as established annually
2. Member Relations
• Act as staff liaison to NVG membership
• Personally meet with and regularly communicate membership benefits with existing members
• Manage membership database of over 700 members
• Manage custom web-based CRM platform
• Manage membership GIS map and update as needed (no prior GIS experience required).
• Liaise with county Assessor’s office and the Ag Commissioner’s office to maintain current and accurate Napa County parcel data
• Manage membership dues renewal process and work with the Head of Finance to ensure that accounting and reporting is accurate and timely
• Assess value for each membership category and make recommendations to enhance membership benefits
• Manage the members-only section of the NVG website
• Assist NVG Associate Director to identify and approach members about becoming an annual NVG strategic sponsor
• Manage the ongoing Board of Directors Liaison program
3. Member Events
• Annual Membership Meeting
• Work with NVG Executive Director to develop the meeting agenda and overall presentation program
• Work with Committee Chairs on individual presentations
• Create power point presentations for each Committee Chair, and upload to laptop
• Manage the creation of the meeting packets for attendees
• Work with NVG Event Manager on member takeaway gifts
• Work with NVG Event Manager on overall timeline, food & beverage needs, AV requirements, etc.
• Prepare all follow up thank you letters and membership communication
• Work with the Marketing & Communications Committee in the development and execution of the NVG Social Club
• Work with NVG team and committees to develop new member events and programs to increase value and benefits of membership
4. Member Communications
• Work with the Marketing & Communications Committee to fulfill the membership objectives of the Marketing Plan
• Maintain & order inventory of NVG membership collateral materials
• Provide input on weekly Grower Bulletin newsletters as they relate to communicating benefits of membership
• Prepare and send membership correspondence
5. Provide general support to the Board of Directors and the Executive Director
• Prepare monthly Board of Directors membership report
• Prepare biannual Board of Directors membership presentation
6. Service the goals and objectives of the NVG Strategic Plan
7. Miscellaneous administrative duties and event support
• At least 5 years in related position
• Superior writing and verbal communication skills
• Experience or interest in Napa Valley winegrape growing
• Highly motivated work ethic and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
• Advanced abilities to create, maintain, and report budgets
• Demonstrated success managing accounts and performing analyses
• Proficiency in Excel and Word. Experience with CRM and/or database tools a plus
• Experience with the sales and management of a luxury brand a plus
• Ability to assist with event set up, breakdown, and coordination
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Clean driving record with the California DMV
The NVG provides a competitive employee benefits package and supports a collaborative, productive workplace.
Resumes submitted by automated function of websites will not be considered.
Candidates should submit a cover letter detailing their understanding of the Napa Valley Grapegrowers and what they can bring to this position, along with a resume directly to: email@example.com
Subject line must read: MEMBER RELATIONS MANAGER OPPORTUNITY