Trinchero Family Estates is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The TFE portfolio includes more than 40 brands including Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, Napa Cellars, Folie à Deux, Terra d’Oro, SeaGlass, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. TFE also markets and sells a stable of notable brands including Joel Gott Wines, Charles & Charles, Taken Wine Co., and Bandit. TFE’s import portfolio also includes Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula Wines from Argentina; Carmen and the Wave Wines from Chile; and a spirits portfolio that includes Amador Whiskey Co and Tres Agaves Tequilas. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
To assist in the coordination and execution of all Trinchero Family Estates events. Assure all aspects of exceptional customer service are executed in a smooth, efficient and accurate fashion while providing guest experiences of optimum quality.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Planning and execution of all hospitality events, including but not limited to:
• Assist the Events Manager, Special Events Manager, Director of Hospitality, Culinary and Inn Staffs in the preliminary logistical planning of all events
• Work closely with all members of Hospitality Department
• Adhere to established service standards as set forth in the training manuals and directives provided by Hospitality Managerial Staff
• Participate in and provide direction to staff during all aspects of events execution from pre-staging, setup, service, clean-up and breakdown
• Maintain cleanliness and organization in all storage and work areas
• Participate in bi-annual departmental inventory procedures
• Assist with the maintenance of hospitality facilities and equipment
• Supervise and assist in the training of on-call service staff
• Support and assist with departmental assignments as needed
• Maintain and promote departmental “green” practices
• Execute all actions on daily, weekly and bi-monthly checklists in all locations however most often at Trinchero Napa Valley
• Assist in managing wine inventory for department at both the Sutter Home Inn as well as at Trinchero Napa Valley Winery
• Complete training on Event Box Truck, Forklift and propane tank in order to properly transport equipment and keep inventory items organized
• Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases and retail supplies, setting up for special events)
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
• Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
• Washing wine glasses and dishes to keep a clean work environment
• Ability to lift at least 60 pounds
• Education: High School diploma required, two or four year degree preferred.
• Years of Experience: Minimum 2 to 5 years Hospitality experience, including recent experience in restaurant/banquet supervision
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creativity and the ability to maintain a dynamic and fun environment
• Working knowledge of fine dining caliber food and beverage service standards
• Able to interact effectively with other departments within the winery as well as outside vendors/agencies/customers
• Able to operate within established budget constraints