Dashe Cellars is hiring a Tasting Room/Hospitality Manager. One of the East Bay’s largest and most established Urban Wineries, Dashe Cellars is located just off the waterfront of Jack London Square in Oakland, minutes from San Francisco. Our Tasting Room is located within our 16,000-square-foot winery production facility, and our award-winning portfolio of wines highlight the best of Sonoma, Mendocino, and the Sierra Foothills.
This full-time essential team member is a working manager position for our fast-growing Tasting Room, responsible for managing daily activities at the Tasting Room, scheduling and managing Sales Associates, and helping to promote and grow Tasting Room sales. The position would also help schedule Winery Events and promote and carry out events at the winery. In addition, the Hospitality Manager also manages, schedules, and promotes our seasonal outdoor Wine Garden. You’ll report directly to the winemaker/owners, working closely together to attain goals.
The right candidate will lead our team of Tasting Room sales associates, and maintain and build on their professionalism and sales success. In conjunction with the Management Team, you would use a slate of sales tools and a defined sales/marketing plan to achieve the growth plan and brand identity of Dashe Cellars, and achieve stated sales goals. We are searching for a self-motivated individual who knows how to lead a team, and create a successful, hospitable, and energetic workplace.
• Works in conjunction with the Management Team to set sales goals for the Tasting Room.
• Manages all daily Tasting Room activities including Schedules, TR appearance, Inventory Management, and all Retail duties.
• Works with the Management Team to create and implement a portfolio of unique TR experiences that drive revenue and increase customer awareness of the TR.
• Promote the TR in the local community to increase customer flow into the TR.
• Work on Direct to Consumer communications that supports walk-in business, corporate customer outreach, and luxury wine purchasers/collectors.
• Provide support in Social Media to drive brand awareness and bring consumers to the TR and website.
• Works in conjunction with the Wine Club/Direct Sales Manager to support Wine Club events, plan special events, etc.
• Demonstrate a capacity for customer engagement and salesmanship, including approachability, tact, product knowledge, and conflict management.
• Help design and produce sales materials for point of sale
• Highly visible on the sales floor to customers and the team alike.
• Knowledge and enthusiasm about wine
• Previous experience in Tasting Room Management and supervisory experience. High-caliber candidates with Sales Associate experience also considered
• Be self-motivated, goal-oriented, detailed, and success-driven
• Possess excellent knowledge of Hospitality and Sales
• Computer system literate, preferably with Retail POS system knowledge
• Have a clear understanding of retail sales and marketing programming
• Possess strong written and oral skills
• Possess strong sales skills
• Possess superior customer service skills
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms (Facebook; Twitter; and Instagram) a plus
• Knowledge and use of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher a plus
• Must be able to work weekends, and nights and holidays as needed
• Must be able to work within a team atmosphere
• Must be over 21, able to lift 50lbs above head height, and stand for extended periods of time
This is a full-time position—weekends mandatory—with a very competitive compensation structure, including health insurance, 401k, and an attractive bonus program.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Michael Dashe at firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter and references.
Founded by the husband and wife winemaking team of Michael and Anne Dashe, we specialize in making world-class wines from top Sonoma, Mendocino, and Sierra Foothill vineyards. Our philosophy is to let the wines express the vineyard by using non-industrial winemaking techniques, such as using native yeast fermentations and minimal handling, to develop complex and sensuous wines.